Sign in to follow this  
Rowdy

Ded servers

I can run a DED server and people can join manually .

BUt how do i open a ded server leave it in gamespy without me in it and let people join through gamespy ?Without me there .

I have tried to do it and seem to be doing something wrong .

I have open my ded server .then went to Gamespy ded servers . ALL i seem to be able to do is open the game let people in and launch which i dont want to do .

I want to be able to put my server in Gamespy and let NSD squad members join and be the admins .

ANy help would be great .

First off, DON'T use Gamespy. Get the All seeing eye if you want to find servers to play on. It will list all the servers, show if it's dedicted or listen, if game in progress, or waiting, etc. Let the clients join by using all seeing eye.

So start your dedicated server, set the admin password, and you are done with it. Let the "newbs" play on the Gamespy stuff and sit and wait for an admin to show up, so he can start the server. Your server will be up and running for all the people(vet's) with "other" tools to find servers.

The first person to login as admin has control of the server. You can only have ONE admin logged in at a time.

I want to be able to put my server in Gamespy and let NSD squad members join manually and be the admins .Then people in Gamespy just be able to click on the room and go into the DED server game .

If the 1st person is always admin can there be a password where a NSD member could over ride admin ?

Or do they have to do the vote thing ? and how is that done ?

You don't need to "put" your server in Gamespy, it is going to show up there if you like it or not. It's also gonna show up in "all seeing eye" if you like it or not. The problem with gamespy and running a server is that if you are "starting the server" by using Gamespy or not. Why even bother with Gamespy?

Just start your dedicated server by making a shortcut on your desktop and be done with it.

From that point on, clients connect, play, admin, quit, and your server just keeps running 24/7.

To admin the server, your clanmates, or whoever you give the admin password to, will join the server, and login admin. There can only be one admin at a time. If you don't want a person to be the admin, then don't give them the password for it.

But if you want to use gamespy then go ahead. Start up gamespy, sit and wait for your "room" to fill up, then start the game, play, quit, and do it all over again. So have fun sitting there 24/7 in gamespy.

I'd much rather double clik one shortcut and forget about it, but you do as you see best.