Sign in to follow this  
plumose 219

textures

hi,thanks for that bud,ill give it a try,all im after is desert textures would this be easy to do,im not much fussed,i just want sand.he he

,is this easy to do. huh.gif thanks again.

A desert textured map would be easier than most. If you are just looking for a quick fix to be rid of the white texture, I would suggest you texture the whole map in pisek_detail_co.PAA, which is in the the BISampleMap download. To do that you would need to create a mask_LCO.PNG image filled completely with the corresponding

colour, which I beleive is 255,255,0 (RGB) or 'Yellow', to put it simply.

As for your sat_LCO.PNG, you could fill that with several scaled versions of pisek_detail_co.PNG to give your map a temporary satellite texture.

Both of these must be the same size, which is your terrain grid size multiplied by your terrain cell size in pixels.

E.g. 512x512 grid, 10m cells = 5120x5120px.  (Consider this when choosing the size of your map, as editing huge .PNG images is VERY demanding on your system).

Also you will need to enter the size of your two PNG images in the Satellite Grid Calculator in V3's Project Paramaters.

Your layers.CFG would then only need this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class Layers

{

class pisek

{

texture = "ca\<MyIsland>\data\pisek_mco.paa";

material="ca\<MyIsland>\data\pisek.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="ca\<MyIsland>\Source\mapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

/// color names should correspond to surface layer names

pisek[]={{255,255,0}};

}

};

whistle.gif

You would then need to follow the steps I described before to import into Visitor, change .PNG to .PAA and edit .RVMAT's to point to .PAA files. *Make sure V3 Project Preferences, Folder - Textures, is set to Ca\MyIsland\data for export.

Detailed texturing of your map should be done very late in your project if you want a realistic looking map, as you will need to edit shadows for trees/buildings etc. and it

will be a lot of work.

I will post this in the textures thread you started as it may help others. Tonight I hope to complete the Textures part of my tutorial and will send you the link when it is ready. Hopefully this works for now and keeps you busy and happy enough until then. biggrin_o.gif

Please let me know if you are still unsure of anything... or if I've confused you more so...