Sign in to follow this  
Fragger

Unplayable

I've tried everything in this forum to get the game to stop crashing, but to no effect at all... Even if I put all the settings to very low, with the maxmem command in the shortcut and after defragmenting the computer with the game reinstalled and patched to 1.08, it STILL wont stop crashing. My spec is:

e6600

8800gtx

2gb 800mhz ddr2 ram

p5b deluxe

I would have thought this meets the stated minimum requirements of the game, but I've been proven otherwise lol. Keep up the good work BIS...

Hi.

I see you have allmost the same spec as me.. only different are the motherboard. What nVIDA driver are u using? You have installed the newest DirectX?

what kind of crash?

wont start at all?

what sound card you have?, i have a x-fi music extreme by creative this card will not run the sim, so i use my realtek onboard for now, till they solve this..

also any error messages?

Are you using Vista or XP?

Without basic infos given, nobody can help.

Are you using Vista or XP?

Without basic infos given, nobody can help.

It's like picking a wife......... do you smoke, drink, have kids?

No info...I'm scared of you then!

Thanks for replies, my game crashes about 10-20 mins after starting the game but it is very random. I got the forceware driver 163.11 for my gfx card and the latest driver for my X-Fi Xtreme Music sound card. The sound works fine in the game, so I hope I don't have to use onboard sound sad_o.gif .

I've got Vista 32, but the game used to be playable before the latest patch.

Not sure about the DirectX... I've got version 10.

Not sure if this will help, but the fault module name each time is arma.exe, although I once got DINPUT8.dll which I'm unsure about.

I would have thought this meets the stated minimum requirements of the game, but I've been proven otherwise lol. Keep up the good work BIS...

You are using an unsupported OS, so don`t blaim BIS if ArmA will not run on you`re system.

We can be happy that it work for some Vista users, like me. smile_o.gif

Not sure if this will help, but the fault module name each time is arma.exe, although I once got DINPUT8.dll which I'm unsure about.

Hi.

The file dinput8.dll known as Microsoft Direct Input Library.

The file dinput8.dll, is required for windows to operate. It is used by windows when working with DirectX under Windows 95/98. If dinput8.dll is unavailable, windows may not function correctly.

dinput8.dll is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Microsoft Direct Input Library may adversly impact your system.

The Process Server database currently registers dinput8.dll to Microsoft.

Try to install the newest DirectX, see if it works. If not try to download the .dll file from here: DINPUT8.DLL

Fragger i have almost the same spec as you and i didnt get CTD for a long time after 1.08 on both vista i borrowed from my friend(but stuck with not so impressive perforemce) and my very own XP(simply kickass)

are you sure that your system (display majorly) isnt overheated?

Thanks for all the help, I've managed to get the game working (or at least for much longer than all the other times when it crashed)! I'm not sure what fixed the problem exactly, but I installed the latest DirectX (still caused crashes) and then used a program called RegCure. After using RegCure the frequent crashes stopped... I could move around the largest cities for ages without a single problem!

Is it still recommended for me to use the -maxmem 512 command in the shortcut (I had terrible problems with the dreaded 8007000e error in past patches). Also, I've kept default textures off and left it on normal... is there a difference?

Hmm I tried reinstalling the game but it still crashes, and to add a bit of variety I'm now getting BSODs related to the graphics card... crazy_o.gif

Fault module is d3d9.dll.

Maybe I should try reinstalling Vista / XP? My computer seems a bit messed up atm lol.

Hmm I tried reinstalling the game but it still crashes, and to add a bit of variety I'm now getting BSODs related to the graphics card... crazy_o.gif

Maybe I should try reinstalling Vista / XP? My computer seems a bit messed up atm lol.

I'm getting the same problem, in multiplayer. I cannot have a game without crashing. Everytime the fault module is Arma.exe.

I have spent the past week scouring these forums looking for a solution and i refuse to give up.

I have tried all the Maxmem settings:

No pagefile:

Opened ports and disabled Firewall/AV:

Installed Several versions of chipset Drivers and graphics drivers

Installed in different locations.

Turned all settings to low.

updated my openal drivers.

messed about with every possible SLI profile.

Disabled SLI and took a card out.

Reinstalled Vista Ultimate.

Sold my soul to the Devil.

I have tried everything. My brother-in-law plays it perfectly and he is running vista x64 on a lower spec pc i built him.

My Specs:

Asus Crosshair AM2

AMD 4600+ x64 x2 AM2

2x 7900GT (SLI Using the 162.22 Drivers)

Creative X-FI Fatal1ty (Using the Latest drivers and playing in GAME mode)

4GB DDRII RAM

3x 250GB SATAII HDD's

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (Up to date)

help.gifhelp.gif

Hmm I tried reinstalling the game but it still crashes, and to add a bit of variety I'm now getting BSODs related to the graphics card...   crazy_o.gif

if you have enought space, try to install a flash windows on another HDD partition to test first(vista installation should be able to creat multi boot with no problem, after that you could delete it whenever you want, it only takes a few step to delete your flash windows from the boot menu too)

a little tip, install your windows on whatever partition but your boot disk(C: in most case), you may also want to creat an extra pagefile on another HDD (not partition) and lower the one on your boot disk (C: in most case aswell) to somewhat between 512 to 1GB max, since you're using the look-at-me vista the disabling Pagefile trick is a NO NO, but by creating a small main Pagefile and a large secoundary Pagefile on another driver its very possible that windows will choose the large one to use, giving you a perforemce boost in many case(well at less for me), this trick will not work if you have only 1 HDD however

Soz to resurrect old thread, but wanted to say that I've formatted my HDD and installed XP instead of Vista.

The performance is MUCH better on XP! I don't have to bother with that -maxmem rubbish now and I've only had one crash so far when playing for a very long time (the 800700e error). I think increasing the virtual memory to 3gb has fixed it... havn't had another crash for a while.

Also wondering if people are having performance issues with 8800gtx on XP? I can play with default textures and the rest on normal / high, although I have to play with the shadows disabled which does lose some realism. I'm playing on a res of 1920 x 1200 which may be explanation.