Sign in to follow this  
upchuckcanuck

hello all...new here.i us

hey guys, i'm new here, and i don't know anybody here. i've never played OFP, but i've heard many good things about it. i haven't really played any games till tribes:vengeance all but killed the tribes world. i used to play t2 alot, but since then, i've just been lookin for a fun game that'll run on my old computer..hah. anyway, my friend kamikaze, whom i used to play tribes with used to play ofp and is now on to ArmA and he recommended it. so i watched videos, saw screenshots and decided this is the game i've been looking for. i just ordered the game from amazon so i should have it in a few days and i just wanted to drop by and say hi and see if there are any tips for new guys(i saw part of the noob thread, but i didn't wanna go through every page......haha). how is this in comparison to BF:1942 and COD 2, cuz i play those from time to time @ my friend's house. besides that the only other one i've played is SOF2, and i also played rogue spear and covert ops expansions for R6, but they died quite some time ago as well.....well, look forward to playin w/ you guys in the near future and hopefully this game won't end up like every other game i decide to get into after its 5 years old...haha

*EDIT* sorry about the topic, i don't know how that happened....i feel like a tard on my first post....it normally takes at least a few hundred for me to become known as the local forum tard banghead.gif

Welcome to the world of ArmA man. You'll have a blast. If you find a good group to play with, you'll have a good experience and see what this game is truly about. If you jump into public servers, you may.... or may not have fun. But thats true with any MP game.

^ Seconded, about multiplayer, there are a lot of true tards out there... not as many as bf2 mind you, but generally most people are pretty cool to play with. Have fun smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]i've just been lookin for a fun game that'll run on my old computer..hah. anyway, my friend kamikaze, whom i used to play tribes with used to play ofp and is now on to ArmA and he recommended it. so i watched videos, saw screenshots and decided this is the game i've been looking for. i just ordered the game from amazon

I'm afraid ArmA won't be any fun on your old computer if old is anything older than a high-end pc from the last 6 months. OFP on the other hand doesn't neccessarily require that much. Your friend has an awesome name but it'll be hard to live up to it.

Quote[/b] ]how is this in comparison to BF:1942 and COD 2, cuz i play those from time to time @ my friend's house.

Roughly the same as chess compared to tic tac toe on a 3x3 grid.