Sign in to follow this  
Thunda

Unable to Connect to Multiplayer Games

y0 everybody... Alright, I just installed Op Flashpoint on my computer (733 P3, 256mb RAM, GeForce 2 MX 400 AGP) and the single player and everything works fine, minus the crashing when I attempt to enter the "multiplayer" options. Anyway, when I try to join a game online using Gamespy Arcade, it launches like usual, then it says "wait for server" and five minutes later, it never connects... so I hit escape and either it freezes and I have to restart my computer, or I just go ahead and play single player. If anyone knows how I can fix this connection problem and WHY it does it, I'd be grateful. By the way, I've already emailed Tech Support, I'm just looking for a quick response and a second opinion.

Thanks in advance..

Thunda

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"You've seen the lightning, now hear THA THUNDA!"

Some more details about your Internet connection and network (if you have one) would be usefull. You say crashing when I attempt to enter the "multiplayer" options. which options are these? Have you tried a direct IP to IP game instead of using gamespy. Have you tried all seeing eye? UDPsoft.com

I use Cox@Home cable, I don't have any other computers networked, it's just this one.... and I disabled my firewall and virus scan, so that's not the problem, every other multiplayer game works. The options I'm referring to are when you click "Multiplayer" and the computer comes up, and it has port and all of that, when I go in there, it freezes up on me. When I tried direct IP, it didn't connect, it did the same thing. And I haven't tried All Seeing Eye, I don't even know what that is.

I forgot to mention that I downloaded all the patches and installed them in order, I have 1.42.

what operating system you using i had same trouble on windows me so i reinstalled back to windows 98 and everything is fine

Delete your user profile and try again. This time, DON'T fill out that one section in the OFP configuration. You know, the one where it has your clan URL, and all that junk. Every time I filled in my URL, I couldn't connect to ANY mulitplayer game, it would crash.

So go to your OFP directory and delete /ofp/users/jakkeup folder or whatever your folder is.

Yes, yes, I know, you will lose your saved games and you will have to start single player campaigns all over again. So what, they are fun anyway. But this time, stay out of that clan URL configuration screen.