Sign in to follow this  
Interface

Laser designator

There are no official missions that use the LTD. Are you interested in the LTD purely for playing purposes or do you want to design a mission yourself and need an example of implementing the LTD?

If the latter, search The FAQ for "ltd use", from where you can download a sample test mission (nothing exciting as far as mission gameplay is concerned).

y bother,, the laser designator dont work reliably so whats the point?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ Feb. 18 2002,14:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">y bother,, the laser designator dont work reliably so whats the point?<span id='postcolor'>

Since 1.40, they work not bad at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mig pilot @ Feb. 19 2002,07:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">have you see those thing hit target ? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As of 1.40, very much so. In fact, before 1.40, that same FAQ item on LTDs was very sarcastic of their abilities. Since 1.40, however, they work rather nicely, if you know how to use them.

Have you tried downloading and playing the sample test mission I mentioned? I can easily target using the LTD and the incoming A10s never miss.

Remember that LGBs are not missiles. If you release them too far away from target, they'll hit short. If you release them too late, they'll overshoot the target. Their modeling, however, does allow for some flexibility, just as a real LGB can adjust its fins inflight in an attempt to hit as close as possible to the designated target.

I tried once using mission editor

place and empty SU on island southeast of Malden(the NATO training grounds)..had A10 fly from northe east...using waypoints I made it join me, and I used menus to target SU, and then used Laser Designator to see the SU, and then ordered A10 to drop bomb...after A10 gets readym it dropped the bomb,, which sent Su about 300meters behind.... biggrin.gif