Sign in to follow this  
pukey123

big bang mission

I just put my 2 men on "hold fire". A little while later I wanted to cancel that order, but no matter what I did, the red circle bar by their icons would not go away. Please, will someone tell me what to do that will cancel the "hold fire" order? Thank you. pukey

Have you tried giving them specific targets and then telling them to fire(menu > engage > fire)?  I'm guessing you tried engage at will and all that since you said "no matter what I did."  It might just be a bug.  

Have you tried reloading from a previous point?  Might be tedious, but you might have to restart the mission.

Have you tried giving them specific targets and then telling them to fire(menu > engage > fire)? I'm guessing you tried engage at will and all that since you said "no matter what I did." It might just be a bug.

Have you tried reloading from a previous point? Might be tedious, but you might have to restart the mission.

Thanks Kay: Yes I've tried everything, including clicking on target, engage,engage at will, fire, etc., and nothing works. I will reload and start over, trying again to have them hold fire, then hoping to cancel the order. If a bug I hope the to be released patch will fix it. All the best. pukey

Tell them to fire, an that should get rid of the hold fire slashed circle icon on there # below on the squad list f2...f10-3-1

Tell them to fire, an that should get rid of the hold fire slashed circle icon on there # below on the squad list f2...f10-3-1

thanks Call911: I tried this before and nothing happened. Nobody fired and the red circle remained. Must be a bug. But I appreciate your advice. pukey

Have the same problem.

Tried everything since posting and receiving advice. Nothing works so it must be a bug. I sure hope the new patch comes out soon. pukey

Fortunately you can skip that mission without any problems. I dislike the Spec Missions anyways. I didn't like them that well in OpFlashpoint either. Took away from being an average soldier. Which was what I liked.

Fortunately you can skip that mission without any problems. I dislike the Spec Missions anyways. I didn't like them that well in OpFlashpoint either. Took away from being an average soldier. Which was what I liked.

Believe it or not I just finished the mission successfully, blowing up the two ammo Urals and running like hell to the chopper. I never did solve the "hold fire" problem. But, when I got near the gate ordered my two men to "engage at will". My No. 2 man with the satchel charges was relieved of the "hold fire" but No. 3 man wasn't. Anyway I got it done, how I'm really not sure. Thanks for your interest and the other Forum members who tried to help me. pukey

Ah, man. This doesn't make me feel good. LOL This mission is up next for me. Just did the Chopper Transport (finally getting back into the grove of helicopter flight in OfP/ArmA, I think).

Haven't scoped this out yet, but SpecOp missions usually annoy me to no end. Can't wait. >_>

Ah, man. This doesn't make me feel good. LOL This mission is up next for me. Just did the Chopper Transport (finally getting back into the grove of helicopter flight in OfP/ArmA, I think).

Haven't scoped this out yet, but SpecOp missions usually annoy me to no end. Can't wait. >_>

The way to complete this mission is to take your team around to the entrance (on the right of the camp) and set up the team to take out each and every man. When I did it the two urals never moved. After I killed all the bad guys, my team was still alive, we moved to the garage and I had No. 2 place the satchel charges. I never looked for the radio and think by killing all the bad guys there was no one to use it. We then backed off to the entrance, blew the charges and destroyed the urals. Then we ran as fast as possible to get to the chopper rendezvous, before the enemy came with reinforcements. Good luck. pukey