Sign in to follow this  
Taxidriver

Connection disabled with certain MP missions

I have a problem when connecting to servers running certain MP missions (Evolution and also Southern cities for instance).

I can log onto the server, chat, choose a role, but when I choose start, a bit later my internet connection gets disable after the screen switches from loading to receiving data. My games doesn't crash, I just get the "no message received for xx secs" text and also my TS get's disconnected (it literally seems to cut of my connection, when I check it's status I receive 0 packets). My connection automatically returns in about 90-120 seconds.

BTW it doesn't happen always, once every 5-10 times I can connect to a server running one of these missions. It almost seems something in these missions triggers ArmA to cause it to cut off my connection. Other missions never give me any trouble.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thumbs-up.gif

I have a problem when connecting to servers running certain MP missions (Evolution and also Southern cities for instance).

I can log onto the server, chat, choose a role, but when I choose start, a bit later my internet connection gets disable after the screen switches from loading to receiving data. My games doesn't crash, I just get the "no message received for xx secs" text and also my TS get's disconnected (it literally seems to cut of my connection, when I check it's status I receive 0 packets). My connection automatically returns in about 90-120 seconds.

BTW it doesn't happen always, once every 5-10 times I can connect to a server running one of these missions. It almost seems something in these missions triggers ArmA to cause it to cut off my connection. Other missions never give me any trouble.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thumbs-up.gif

I would also GREATLY appreciate help on this, because it happens to me.... on other games than ArmA (well, it also happens a few times in ArmA too) tounge2.gif BF series, mainly, which make my connection drop nearly everytime I connect to a server.

I guess it has something to do with Windows handling of network ressources, or network drivers, but I never found the real reason behind it.

No one, any further information I can give that could be useful?

OS is XP and I use a router, happened with patch 1.05 and 1.07, anything else?

I'm not completely sure, but I got the impression that this only happens when such a mission has been going for a few days. If it is still relatively fresh (1 or 2 objectives completed) I seem to be able to get in fine. I will further test this to see if it this is actually the case.

There are routers known to have issues with a lot of connections running in parallel, especially noticeable with for example p2p programs running.

This sounds like a comparable issue. Could you post the brand of your router, and if possible, with the version of the firmware running on it?

There are routers known to have issues with a lot of connections running in parallel, especially noticeable with for example p2p programs running.

This sounds like a comparable issue. Could you post the brand of your router, and if possible, with the version of the firmware running on it?

It's a sweex router, LB0000213AC300281:

http://www.sweex.com/documents/LB000021/2/LB000021_man_eng_oem.pdf

Firmware is 3.01, so not the newest (3.15), although I don't have any problems with other games or software. I could try and update it, but rather not if it isn't necessary.

Can really nobody help me with this? I really wouldn't like to be stuck with this when EVO like TvT campaigns start to surface. This thing has been bugging me for more than 4 months already. sad_o.gif

Well at least I know it's the router or the ADSL modem since when I get disconnected the other PC connected to the router looses it's connection as well.

I get the receiving data bar that slowly fills. When it's full the background changes colour (turns white-ish), the receiving data bar turns empty and shortly after I get the yellow no connection chain icon.

PS. Send sweex (router) a second message about this since they didn't feel obliged to respond to the first one.