Sign in to follow this  
DucusSumus

1.07 beta destroyed my sounds

Whether I start the beta version or my original 1.06 (US) version, I now get the following error message:

"Addon CATracked requires CASounds"

Indeed, sounds.pbo no longer exists. It has somehow, miraculously, vanished with the 1.07 beta installation.

As a result, I have no music. The game starts with a lovely "atrack7 not found" message. When I go into the editor and browse the "Effects" section of a trigger, I notice that all of the sound-related dropdown menus are empty!

So I would say that destruction of all sound is one problem with the patch. It probably shouldn't do that.

Is there anyone on here kind enough to send me a copy of their sounds.pbo file? I digitally downloaded my version of the game, so I'm not even sure how I would go about reinstalling it.

Update:

So I reinstalled the game, and that fixed the sound error. But of course, now the game is telling me that I have a "bad serial code" and crashes immediately. It's funny because it didn't say a goddamn thing in setup about a bad serial code. What gives?

Update:

So I reinstalled the game, and that fixed the sound error.  But of course, now the game is telling me that I have a "bad serial code" and crashes immediately.  It's funny because it didn't say a goddamn thing in setup about a bad serial code.  What gives?

are you sure that the patch installed correctly and you are using the correct link?

BTW you dont need to reinstall the hold game, just delete the BETA folder then your will be back to normal, also remember to have a clean install(no addon, no beta patch)

I have no idea what happened, but when I reinstalled the game again, I did not experience the bad serial code phenomenon. I am truly confused, but at least, after spending so much time on this, I'm finally back to exactly where I started. huh.gif