Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Toke

CTD ?

okay heres my issue...

when i start arma/us the little check boxes get ticked off untill it gets to the last two boxes then i ctd and get the windows error reporting service message...does this happen to you? and can you help point me to a fix? help.gif

p4 3.2gig

2 gig ram

ati x1600 gamer

xfi soundblaster

system suite 7 pro/running in background

april '07 directx

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey gang thank you for your replies...i ended up re-formating my drive,because i felt like i was just beating a dead horse.

It ended up fixing the problem and arma loads up fine now.

So im guessing something really important was deleted along the way...somewhere in the past whistle.gif

It took about 8-10hrs to get my rig back on its feet(nap included)but was fully worth it as i have a squeaky clean drive now and arma runs like a champ!

more info needed on your system - os, gfx card, ram, cpu, programs running in the background like norton, that sort of thing...

have you updated all your drivers and installed the april build of dx9? if so, have you tried uninstalling /reinstalling arma?

I am having the same problem, at times.

System:

WinXP home SP2

C2D E6600

MSI P5W-DH Deluxe

2GB DDR2

2X WD 72G 10krpm (striped set)

2X 1900 XTX (crossfire)

SB audigy 2

ArmA US 1.06

TSR progs:

Ati CCC

teamspeak - tried without load too

TrakIR v.4.1.030 - tried without load too

This is on a fresh installation of windows XP with all current drivers. I reinstalled windows as a attempt to fix this problem.

try to reinstall driver first

Which driver are you thinking of? All of them?

It looks like the copy protection have trouble with you`re DVD drive or the drivers for it.

Edit:

The little check boxes are part of the copy protection, not of Arma itself.

Issue neutralised pistols.gif  goodnight.gif

Will you please share your discovery?

I am still having problems and I am not 100% why but I suspect it might have something to do with teamspeak.

If someone is speaking in game while I am loading arma, it sort of skips the sound (think max headrom) and crashes. Although sometimes I will reboot and not have anything open besides ati's CCC and still have crashes (minus the skipping sound).

Maybe I should just wait till 1.07 final is released and enjoy the nice weather outside.  whistle.gif

This problem just began occuring for me, fortunatley I recalled removing programs to clean up the HD.

Turns out ArmA uses an API called OpenAL

http://www.openal.org/

Re-installed it and everything is back to mornal. wink_o.gif

Argh,

I had my hopes that that was the solution. i tried it. Went to http://developer.creative.com/article....&aid=46

downloaded and installed "oalinst.exe" but still the same thing.

Checkboxes then nothing. I wrote SecRom they say:

After careful inspection of the analysis file, and based upon your error description, it appears that the issue is not SecuROM related. Unfortunately we can only provide support for issues related to our copy protection.

I have the download version. I have updated all drivers.

ATI X800

3 gig ram

AMD 3200XP

loads of hard drive space

maybe there will be a fix or an all knowing BI rep to sort this out................. sad_o.gif

Please Obi Wan help, you're our only hope. help.gif