Sign in to follow this  
JungleBudz

Plane..

I need a AI unit to get in plane and take off. Is this possible? He gets in alright, starts the engine, but drives like he has no clue what the hell is going on. And, since the airfield is on an island, he eventually ends up in the water.

Any suggestions?

I am not really smart with OFP aircraft, but I have this in my FAQ and it might help you a bit, since it sounds like your problem....

012 Question by Soulsearcher

I have a mission that requires an A10 to take off from the Airport . The problem is that the A10 won't take off.

Keywords :

A10, take-off, Airport, Malden

Answer #1 by aazzell :

Planes in OP-flash are a pain in the arse. They follow an AI routine for landing and take off.

To get any plane to take off you must place it on the taxiway not on the runway. What I explain now is set at Malden Airport I suggest you try this out there.

Get your A10 and place it on the taxiway to the right of the south end of the runway facing south. Then give is a move waypoint anywhere on the map. The runways are not placed on the map so you will have to use a bit of trial and error here to get the position of the plane correct.

The A10 should now follow the taxiway down to the south and turn onto the runway and then take off. This whole routine is AI and you cannot control it at all.

Still it works.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JungleBudz @ Feb. 11 2002,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I need a AI unit to get in plane and take off. Is this possible? He gets in alright, starts the engine, but drives like he has no clue what the hell is going on.  And, since the airfield is on an island, he eventually ends up in the water.

Any suggestions?<span id='postcolor'>

If you're talking about that glorified sandbar with a hangar built on in grid A,0, that isn't kosher airstrip; the aircraft won't take off or land properly from there. You'll find the real airfield in grid G,1-G,2. Things should work fine from there. smile.gif

Yeah, it's that damn sandbar. Well hell.. I gave up last night about 2:00am on it and made a helo base instead. Why in the hell would they put a runway at a spot and not have it ACT like a runway. arrghh..

Have you tried placing the A-10 directly infront of the hangar, as in, with its tail to the hangar door which is 0 degrees, maybe (I dont know) but maybe thats where the AI routine starts there.