Sign in to follow this  
PanzerGrenadier

Demo's ??

Not sure if this is a tech question or not really .. its pretty general smile.gif.

Like in half-life engine u can record a demo play away then watch it afterwards.

Ahhh is this even possible in OFP ??

Could it be possible ??

Would anyone wanna take demo's i know i would. ?

How are you so certain, Damage?

As I recall, there are third-party utilities that could possibly allow you to record a demo of OFP. It's nothing that's part of the game itself, but it might be possible. Unfortunately I can't remember the names of those utilities now, but a Google search might turn up something.

What do you mean by demo's?...you mean a replay you can watch any time you want?....

It's not possible?....so I can't run a 2-way S-video cord from my graphic's card to my TV and use my VCR to record that?.....though i'm not sure if the VCR will record from the input mode......

there are several utilities that will capture screen contents to .avi or .mpg or whatever. The ones i've tried in the past are horribly unreliable, and tend to crash if you change resolution. allthough in OFP that might not be a problem, as you could alt-tab after the games started and turn the capture program on.

I'll post some links in a min if i can find them

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (762WorldOrder @ Feb. 11 2002,22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As I recall, there are third-party utilities that could possibly allow you to record a demo of OFP.  It's nothing that's part of the game itself, but it might be possible.  Unfortunately I can't remember the names of those utilities now, but a Google search might turn up something.<span id='postcolor'>

Try Techsmith's Camtasia.

It would be great if a future patch of OFP included a "record mission" option, like Rogue Spear had...(BIS, hint hint?).  smile.gif  

{I dont know if it's at all possible with the OFP engine, or if the huge scale of OFP play areas would make the mission record file to big to be manageable.}

Anyway, if it can be done, I think it would be awesome, to be able to save and playback missions at another time (maybe even from a different perspective)...ah, I'm probably dreamin'.  tounge.gif