Sign in to follow this  
sneakyman

Best tutorial/walk through for editing?

Yes I know this is a noob question, but easy to get lost in the Wiki and not find what you're looking for, especially when you don't know what it is.

Is there a good tutorial (preferably downloadable) for mission editing?

I survived since OFP came out making missions in the editor with only very basic knowledge.

I'm great with the basics (i.e. waypoints, synchronizing, get in, get out, join, putting ammo in a box... etc), but am absolutely clueless when it comes to scripting and other features in the editor. Clueless...

I spent the better part of 3 hours setting up bunkers and arty, beach obstacles, kill zones etc... only to watch my AI invasion force swim around their boats like they're at the kiddy pool or special olympics, instead of get in them. Tried everything I know how, empty boats, AI boats who join... banghead.gif

Would be great if someone could point me to a good step by step tutorial relevant to Arma (I see them for OFP). And...I promise to never clog these forums with stupid noob questions.

Thanks in advance.

Read all the arma-editing &scripting section of this forum and you'll learn a lot. Like me. smile_o.gif

I've read through the editing section for 5+ years but honestly get more lost than when I drove in.

Is there any comprehensive ARMA Start-to-Finish tutorial out there? I remember reading OFPEC's typo that Mr.Murphy was releasing his 200+ page editing resource guide in English... However, I forgot over time wether or not he would.

I want to start fresh, starting with the basics, and read a nice comprehensive tutorial on ARMA (Not OFP). Snyper and others were kind enough to do it for OFP. Now we have more scripters in here than ever. A nice multi-chapter "beginniner to advanced" editing guide would be groovy. Unless there already is one. A camera tutorial would be sweet too. (Believe it or not, I don't know a command reference to an animation to a camera rotation).

What would also rule is a huge reference to a large amount of actions. A huge .rar containing dozens of missions that contain things such as:

IED Scripts

Get-In Vehicle Scripts

Syncronized Scripts

Custom Music Scripts

Camera Scripts

Respawn Scripts

Trigger's

CTF/DM/Coop Templates

Objective Scripts

Time Scripts

Etc Scripts.. wink_o.gif

I think there should be a community project & have everyone dump a comprehensive script into a pile and release it all at one time. This would be THE best thing to come out since Arma I think.

....dozens of missions that contain things such as:

IED Scripts

Get-In Vehicle Scripts

Syncronized Scripts

Custom Music Scripts

Camera Scripts

Respawn Scripts

Trigger's

CTF/DM/Coop Templates

Objective Scripts

Time Scripts

Etc Scripts.. wink_o.gif

I found a great reference for you to have!

Missions and Scripts

I would enjoy a good tutorial also! biggrin_o.gif

Yes I am sure theres a bunch of scripts in there that have what I am looking for. However, testing every single mission to see if they have a script I like THEN ripping it open, then looking through all of the scripts to find what I want.. THEN going into the script and try and understand its components to make it my own... which requires some knowledge in and of itself..

Hence a database with scripts at their core would be sweet.