Sign in to follow this  
Caelum Atra

Chopper Questions

My First Question Is This:

I want a Blackhawk (Or Chinook, or any unit carrying vehicle for that matter) to pick up a squad and be independant from the squad, I have my load waypoint directly on top of the Blackhack and it is sync'ed to the Get in waypoint of the leader. The thing is, the blackhawk takes off before all the squad is loaded the has to reland to load the rest of the squad. Not a big deal if 1) in an open area 2) if time weren't of the essence (b/c it takes a long time for the Blackhawk to land and load again).

What I'm looking for is something to make the chopper not leave the ground until all are aboard.

My Second Question Is This:

I want a Chinook full of medics, to fly in and drop off one medic per radio signal (alpha, etc) (medic to join squad if available) and I cant get the radio signal to work @ all. The chopper just goes to the waypoints and doesnt do anything, not even drop off the medic.

Chopper boarding tutorial here

You can easily adapt it for any other vehicle, assuming the driver is independant of the squad boarding.

Intruder that does work, but b/c the waypoint is exactly on the helo, it takes off and lands back in the same place, then moves on once all are loaded. But what I want it to do is not go anywhere until all are aboard. I want the engine to be on, but not take off, until all are aboard.

Give the group a getin WP, give the helo a LOAD WP, and in the activation field of the LOAD WP type:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"_x assignascargo helo1" foreach units grp1; "[_x] ordergetin true" foreach units grp1<span id='postcolor'>

Where grp1 is the name of the group. The helo name is helo1. This command should make the helo wait til the group is all on board before moving to the next WP.

to name a group type in the group leaders ini field:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">grp1=group this<span id='postcolor'>

You can experiment with syncing the LOAD WP with the infantry GET IN WP.

NB: If the player is the leader, the player must give get in command from the command menu to his troops. AI leader will do that automatically ausing the helo to land.