Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK13

Editing unit which has a waypoint on it??

This has been bugging me since OFP!!

How do I edit a unit which has a waypoint on top of it?

Hold down shift then double left click on the unit.

Hold down shift then double left click on the unit.

What he said. Holding shift allows you to access unit/objects under waypoints.

does holding shift also work when trying to group something with the unit under the WP? i had that problem last night but didn't know about the shift-trick and needed to delete the wp to be able to group a trigger with the vehicle.

I've never needed to place a waypoint directly over a unit (unless the unit was empty). I take it you use this method to get in a vehicle, if so why don't you just use a getin waypoint and sync it with a load waypoint. You could also just write the command into the activation field of the waypoint.

playername moveincargo unitname for example.

I've never needed to place a waypoint directly over a unit (unless the unit was empty). I take it you use this method to get in a vehicle, if so why don't you just use a getin waypoint and sync it with a load waypoint. You could also just write the command into the activation field of the waypoint.

playername moveincargo unitname for example.

There's nothing wrong with placing waypoints on units and vehicles. I only use it for empty vehicles myself, but it's often just a lot easier to do than use assignAsDriver/Gunner/etc... It also works better if the group takes casualties, so you always get a driver even if the unit you wanted to drive is killed (which would be a lot harder to do with the assignAs... commands).

You newer use the "destroy" waypoint type? or join and lead? or join?

You newer use the "destroy" waypoint type? or join and lead? or join?

Join and Join and Lead don't need to be placed on top of units, simply syncronizing these waypoints with the waypoint of the other group will work. And actually I never use the destroy waypoint, I find it causes more problems than it solves. There are better ways to get units to kill things.