Sign in to follow this  
bagelboy

sqs files

Hi,

I know this is basic but what am i doing wrong?

I have a car bomb script but when i try to activate it all i get when reaching the location on the map is " ied.sqs not found".

Where exactly do you place the the sqs script?

Thanks

PLEASE For the love of Jebuus:

Make your thread titles something besides "SQS Files", that could mean ANYTHING.

Here's some things for you to try:

Make sure in the init field it says:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "ied.sqs"

(In quotes)

or try

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[] exec "ied.sqs"

========================

Make sure ied.sqs is inside the mission directory.

Make sure the file-type is .sqs in the missions folder. To be sure that this is an SQS file. Go into your arma mission folder, click tools >> folder options >> View >> UNCHECK "Hide extensions for known file types." Then look at the ied.sqs file. If it says: ied.sqs.txt <-- Delete the .txt. Then go back into your folder options and CHECK "Hide extensions for known file types."

Hope this helps. Now please make your thread titles more descriptive next time, as pertaining to your question. Suggestion for next time:

Car Bomb: Error calling script. Ideas?

Also, please use search function on the forums. Page 2 of the threads, has almost the exact same question as you:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59379

For the love of Jebuus Victor i thank you.

It was adding .txt after the sqs.

I did check the forum but couldnt find out the exact answer i needed (hence the post).

I will be more descriptive next time though, no excuse for that lol.

Thanks again.

bb