Sign in to follow this  
{USI}_Zombie

setwaypointstatements problem

I am using the following command in a script after I create the waypoint:

[west1,1] setwaypointstatements ["true",[] exec "talondone.sqs"]

And I get the error type any expected string as soon as the above line is run, and also the script "talondone.sqs" is executed right away, even though I am far from the waypoint. It was my understanding that the script wouldn't be called until I completed the waypoint. The biki is not much help in this area, anyone have any ideas?

I also tried this script this way:

[west1,1] setwaypointstatements ["true","[] exec "talondone.sqs""]

and got a different error, which sadly I didn't write down. Am I using this code incorrectly?

The wiki was very helpful. A quick look at the wiki example shows it has to be encased in qoutes:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[grp, 2] setWaypointStatements ["true", ""]

So to execute a script you need to double up on your quotes, for the exec command:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[west1,1] setwaypointstatements ["true","[] exec ""talondone.sqs"" "]

But if you read two commands up in the wiki, you might have seen this?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[grp, 2] setWaypointScript "talondone.sqs"

neither option gives an error, but neither option calls the script talondone.sqs either

Ideas?

Do the units actually follow that waypoint?

If not,

try:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[west1,0] setwaypointstatements ["true","[] exec ""talondone.sqs"" "]

or use:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

west1 setCurrentWaypoint [west1, 1]

Except you already had given the group a wp with index 0 before.

It think script waypoints override existing waypoints, so choosing the index 0 always works for me. But now with the new command you can manually set the waypoint index that you want.

waypoint zero is placed in the editor, where waypoint 1 and beyond are dynamically created. I have tested this as a player, and I go to wp 0, which has a trigger nearby, that calls a script which among other things creates wp 1. Then I ran over to wp 1 and the script talondone did not get called. Talondone.sqs does many things, among them creates wp 2.

These wp's are for a multiplayer coop, where the players units are supposed to follow the waypoints, and I have tested them as the leader of west1.

the biki says the waypoint won't be completed until the condition is met, then the statement is run......

so using the format:

waypoint setWaypointStatements [condition, statement]

making the statement:

[west1,1] setwaypointstatements ["true", [] exec "talondone.sqs"]

As soon as the above line is run, the script talonedone.sqs is run, before I get to waypoint 1. Is the condition "true" the only one that works? Anyone tried "DONE" or something similar? I don't want the script "talondone.sqs" to be run until AFTER I arrive at the waypoint west1,1. Right now I am testing waypoint 1 without enemies, but when it gets working, I will put enemies there to fight through.