Sign in to follow this  
psych

magazine slots and weapon type

heya

I'm trying to mess around with addons and get a few things working. Could someone explain a couple of things to me please.

Is it possible to make say a handgun magazine take more than one handgun mag slot? if so how?

Also could someone how i would convert a law launcher to be in the handgun weapon slot instead of secondary weapon slot?

thanks in advance

there must be someone who knows about configs??? help goodnight.gif

For magazines to take up two hand gun mag slots, give the magazine this config entry:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">type = 2 * 16;

You can put magazines pretty much wherever, but weapons (because of proxies) are limited. AT weapons are only supported in the secondary weapon slot. If you put it in the hand gun slot your soldier would have to use the hand gun proxy and anims for it, and that just wouldn't work. Short answer: no.

thanks for the info biggrin_o.gif

so for handgun ammo slots its 2*16 or 3*16 for example

what is it for primary mag slots?

oh and also on a similar note, can i edit an ammo crate to hold a certain number of mags and weapons from each type?

Primary inventory slots are:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">type = 256;

You can define the amount of total weapons and amount of total magazines an ammo crate can hold but you cannot define certain amounts for different types.

thanks again Kyle

Although I am having troubles getting my ammocrates to work.

this is what i have

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgVehicleClasses

{

class Misc_Ammo

{

displayName = "My Ammo Crates";

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class ReammoBox;

class MYAmmoBox: ReammoBox

{

scope = 2;

accuracy = 1000;

vehicleClass="Misc_Ammo";

displayName = "MY AmmoBox";

class TransportMagazines

{

class _my_Mag1

{

magazine = "my_mag";

count = 10;

};

};

class TransportWeapons

{

class _my_Wep1

{

weapon = "my_weapon";

count = 5;

};

};

};

class MYAmmoBox2: ReammoBox

{

displayName = "MY AmmoBox 2";

vehicleClass="Misc_Ammo";

transportMaxWeapons=4;

transportMaxMagazines=20;

};

};

Any ideas where I am going wrong? I get the first ammocrate ingame and working fine, the second however causes no crashes but never displays in the list either.

You have this in your MYAmmoBox class:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">scope = 2;

This makes it selectable in the editor. However you don't have the scope defined in MYAmmoBox2, meaning it inherets the scope value of the previous class it's based on (being ReammoBox in this case). Judging by the fact that MYAmmoBox2 doesn't appear in the editor, class ReammoBox must have a scope value that makes it hidden. Redefine MYAmmoBox2's scope value (simply copy that line to class MYAmmoBox2) like you did in MYAmmoBox and it should work.

thanks kyle got it working at last yay.gif