Sign in to follow this  
Commie

The Strykers on 'Counterattack' mission are mad!

Ok, so up to 'Counterattack' where you have to get into the Strykers and take out Shilkas. The Stryker formation drives past the wrecked SLA vehicles and then they turn around and drive back to the start. Then they drive back past the vehicles again and turn around again. They never go to mission waypoint, just drive around!

This just after I played one of the helo missions, crashed on takeoff, the objective got cancelled, and I got a 'mission complete' and then 'mission successful you destroyed all the armor' message!

Seems the further you go into the campaign, the more rushed and buggy it is!

Holy cow, the ammo dump guarding mission was a kind I would make myself the first time I ever used the editor in OFP!So amateurish!

Yep that also happened to me ... I restarted the mission 100 times untill finally the Stryker that was with my men managed to pass the vehicles by a bit .I though he was going to go to the objective but he started turning so I ordered my men to disembark and went by myself to the objectives ... it sucked but what can you do...

This bug is probably caused by the fact that the lead Stryker is getting loaded with men slower than the second one , so probably the waypoints get screwed up or something , and the Strykers start crashing between themselves and driving in circles...

I also experienced that helo bug , but right after the objective got canceled and I was getting ready to land , I crashed the helicopter and had to restart . The second time playing the mission that bug did not occur , so the mission went normally (I destroyed the tanks and only then the objective completed ) .

And that night patrol mission brings back memories from OPF biggrin_o.gif

Yes it was a bit simple but I don't really mind that ...

I don't know, it just seems that the low-budged OFP was a labour of love even if I don't fancy being on the US side in games all the time wink_o.gif while now being cashed up BIS have forgotted these things. Probably think that the community will make a million campaigns anyway.

OFP had a 50 mission epic campaign, ArmA seems that it has less than half, with the auxillary missions! Tired how with every new release the amount of gameplay for your dollar decreases. ArmA can be saved by the community, but it's still unsavoury for BIS to stoop to the antics of '8hr' Valve or Sierra! tounge2.gif

First time I played the Counter-Attack mission, the Stryker took us on a sensible route into enemy territory, I got my squad disembarked, got my AT guy to take out the Shilkas, the choppers came in, everything seemed to be going great. An hour and a half later, I'm running round the now completely target and objective-free environment, having killed all the bad guys and rocketed every tank - only to have to admit that sometime after the choppers arrived the mission scripting had screwed up and it was never, ever going to end...

Started again, and had to re-try about a dozen times for the Strykers to finally go in roughly the right direction. I don't think the 'infiltrate behind enemy lines' objective was ever ticked off, but finally I managed to complete the mission!

Now I'm stuck near the end of 'The Great Battle'... If it weren't for the fact I loved OpF and so naturally ArmA invokes the same affectionate feelings, I'd be a wreck by now... smile_o.gif

Allready mentioned a couple of times. The whole mission is bugged.

There's is an easy fix though.

1. Press "shift" + "-"

2. Type "endmission"

1. Press "shift" + "-"

2. Type "endmission"

Where's the fun in that? I've extended the playable time of every OpF/ArmA SP Campaign about 10 times by diligently & doggedly replaying it 'til it works! Made me the man I am today (haggard, irritable, with 5 wasted years of fruitless virtual combat experience behind me...).

Ok, so up to 'Counterattack' where you have to get into the Strykers and take out Shilkas. The Stryker formation drives past the wrecked SLA vehicles and then they turn around and drive back to the start. Then they drive back past the vehicles again and turn around again. They never go to mission waypoint, just drive around!

This just after I played one of the helo missions, crashed on takeoff, the objective got cancelled, and I got a 'mission complete' and then 'mission successful you destroyed all the armor' message!

Seems the further you go into the campaign, the more rushed and buggy it is!

Holy cow, the ammo dump guarding mission was a kind I would make myself the first time I ever used the editor in OFP!So amateurish!

I found out a way to "fix" this mission. Before you astart it, do the attack on the convoy mission, NOT the one attacking a camp. Then all the triggers & scripts worked fine. This is actually a very fine mission.

1. Press "shift" + "-"

2. Type "endmission"

Where's the fun in that? I've extended the playable time of every OpF/ArmA SP Campaign about 10 times by diligently & doggedly replaying it 'til it works! Made me the man I am today (haggard, irritable, with 5 wasted years of fruitless virtual combat experience behind me...).

BIS knows they're bugged, all missions have now been updated for patch 1.05. Can't wait. smile_o.gif

Daniel @ Mar. 01 2007,21:54)]BIS knows they're bugged, all missions have now been updated for patch 1.05. Can't wait. smile_o.gif

Well, I finished the SP Campaign last night, so this patch will be perfectly timed for me to start all over again... smile_o.gif

Although TBH, given the amount of time BIS have had to develop ArmA - which is, let's admit it, a hi-res mission pack directly based on OpF code - I'm not entirely confident that they'll have fixed all the mission bugs in the first patch. Surely they tested the SP Campaign before it was released? I have a feeling that the bugs everyone's finding are just inherent in the code, and no amount of mission script tweaking is going to make them go away. So I won't hold my breath...

An hour and a half later, I'm running round the now completely target and objective-free environment, having killed all the bad guys and rocketed every tank - only to have to admit that sometime after the choppers arrived the mission scripting had screwed up and it was never, ever going to end...

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I searched everywhere, but the mission just doesn't end. Got fed up and went to bed. All objectives were completed except the last one. But the DMZ is as clear as it can be!

And yes, I did the camp attack mission with the heli, not the convoy.

I searched everywhere, but the mission just doesn't end. Got fed up and went to bed. All objectives were completed except the last one. But the DMZ is as clear as it can be!

Yep, that's the OpF/ArmA experience... Sometimes if you persevere, something will just happen to trigger a required objective even after things seem to have screwed up, but other times you'll just end up wandering around all on your own... And finally give up and go to bed!

This bugginess though is part of the game's charm to me - and in a funny way it almost feels more real (apart from the fact you can re-load and try again in a game), as the military adage goes, "no plan survives contact with the enemy." It's always been a mark of how good OpF's core gameplay is that I just keep going back and trying again, and again...

Help I have this problem, I am running around the DMZ and the mission wont end (all enemies dead).

I tried holding 'shift' and '-' to type endmission but nothing happens (except time acceleration)....heeeeeelp

I thought 1.05 was supposed to fix the campaign... sigh

EDIT: BTW I was forced to do the mission on foot as I couldnt drive any of the srykers or the humvee: all my squad could do was sit in the back but then nothing happened, we just sat there!

Help I have this problem, I am running around the DMZ and the mission wont end (all enemies dead).

I tried holding 'shift' and '-' to type endmission but nothing happens (except time acceleration)....heeeeeelp

EDIT: BTW I was forced to do the mission on foot as I couldnt drive any of the srykers or the humvee: all my squad could do was sit in the back but then nothing happened, we just sat there!

I reverted to the heli convoy mission. Did that and the Counterattack went somewhat well. I can continue the campaign now.

I know what this is... you need to press '-' on the numeric keypad, not the main keyboard. That'll get you into the console to type endmisson.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but hell, might as well add to a thread rather than starting a new one..

I'm on this mission and I did the "Base" heli attack successfully. This, or something, has caused the Strykers to be completely immobile, with nothing to do apart from me getting in the back. I set off on foot, but they're so stingy with the AT rounds (I killed a T72 on the way, silly me..) that I'm buggered if I can take those Shilkas out. I can probably do the mission given a few tries, but whatever I do, the Strykers at the beginning just mooch around, muttering "We are a bug, ignore us and move on on foot" whistle.gif Anyone else any thoughts on this newly ressurected thread/issue?

Ta.

Ok, in all fairness I just got it to work on the forth retry, and everything went fine from there..

I know people are all saying the campaign's rubbish, but aside from some confusing bugs, I'm enjoying it. I like the AAN news bits and the plot seems to be developing fairly well.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but hell, might as well add to a thread rather than starting a new one..

I'm on this mission and I did the "Base" heli attack successfully. This, or something, has caused the Strykers to be completely immobile, with nothing to do apart from me getting in the back. I set off on foot, but they're so stingy with the AT rounds (I killed a T72 on the way, silly me..) that I'm buggered if I can take those Shilkas out. I can probably do the mission given a few tries, but whatever I do, the Strykers at the beginning just mooch around, muttering "We are a bug, ignore us and move on on foot" whistle.gif Anyone else any thoughts on this newly ressurected thread/issue?

Ta.

I really don't think you have any choice but to re-start the mission and play it until the right objective results are triggered. It worked for me eventually, after eight or more false starts!