Sign in to follow this  
xg0ffx

Editing Armor for body locations?

Alright, ive been messing around with some zombies and im trying to figure out how i can change the health *armor?* of the zombie to make it so that 1 shot to the head would kill it. From what i have found this is the area i should be looking at:

Quote[/b] ] model = "\ca\characters\Civil_Undead_1";

armor=40;

armorhead=2;

armorbody=7;

armorhands=15;

armorlegs=15;

Ive played around with it a bit by changing the armorhead=0 or 1 but that doesnt work. Ive also changed the armor=40 to 0 but all that does is make it a 1 shot kill no matter where it gets hit. Thanks for the help.

P.S if its in the wiki i must not be using it right because i cant find it there >_<

this might do the job you want, put in units init:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addEventHandler ["dammaged", {if(_this select 1 == "head_hit")then {_this select 0 setDammage 1} else {_this select 0 setDammage 0}}]

It should be noted that Dammage has been corrected to Damage. Both now work, as a matter of fact, but don't think you have to make a confusing spelling error to setDamage, I use the proper spelling exclusively (it's much simpler, though thank the Lord for Queen's English influence on BI, setBehaviour must confuse Americans slightly but it's natural for a Canajun).

Additionally, if you edit the actual unit itself (what you have there) to have armorhead=0.1, it should work fine. Anything will kill it, probably up to and including a bad fall, and then you don't need to set up an init for each unit, which is what I did when I transfered ofpforum's Crappy Zombie Mod (which is actually an excellent zombie mod) from Independent to OPFOR.