Sign in to follow this  
Chan

OFP Expansion pack

Could someone confirm if a expansion pack by BIS is going to come out?

I heard rumors somewhere, well if this pack exists, what new features are going to be added to my favorite game?

Will we finally get rid of that M60, and replace it with a M249, will the exp pack have arty support(mortar, cannons)?

I kinda like to see expansions more than new games because then you have a whole shit load of stuff in one game and you are not split between 2 games.....

I agree one hundred percent on the M249 and arty issue- the SAW is an awesome weapon according to all I know who have fired it, and what modern air-land battle game can possibly be complete without at least, for Bob's sake, mortars? Would the M1064 120mm mortar carrier be too much to ask, given that the M113 chassis is already available in game? Not to mention *real* tube artillery. Perhaps it would be too much trouble to model and execute, although I must point out that the object files must already be there- let us not forget the two artillerypieces stashed away on Everon. (Coordinates He76 for those of you unawares.)

I have noticed, however, the the somewhat-ballistic flight path of the RPG, LAW, etc. rounds leaves some hope for MRLS-type weapons, if and when we get an object editor. Can't you just imagine calling in support from a Stalin's Organ type weapon? Mmmm...

[Any former grunts or arty troops are welcome to correct the following, I'm all ears, er, eyes.]

"Arc Light, Arc Light, this is Badger, request fire support, over!"

"Badger, Arc Light, send your fire mission, over!"

"Arc Light, TRP charlie, adjust left ten meters, add seven meters, fire for effect, over..."

"Badger, fire request received, on the way, out."

[thunder of incoming rounds, etc.; Soviet motor-rifle platoon is reduced to pulp.]

Really... the game is just ASKING for it. Not this scripted schtuff either.

Just thought I would jump in and clear something up. Im no expert but I see you want the 249 SAW over the M60. Well I agree that the SAW is a amazing weapon (haveing fired it myself) I think a better replacement would be the 240 Gulf. Reason being is that the 249 has a incredible rate of fire but it fires a 5.56 round and the M60 and 240 both fire the 7.62 round. If your going to replace the old with the new the the 240 would be the right replacement for the M60 and the 249 should be a new weapon all together. And yes the benifets of the 240 are way more than the M60 so I think we should get a RMA exchange for them biggrin.gif

Yeah, artillery is probably the number one thing that OFP is missing....

....oh wait, actually, bunkers and decent static MGs are the number one thing that OFP is missing

/me sighs

M240 Bravo/FNMAG your talking about?

My brother is currently serving in the U.S. Army as a gunner in the infantry, M240 is the weapon he is using. He told me that the rounds can pierce through the armor of a M113 APC and thin cement walls, I would love to see it in flashpoint.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chan @ Feb. 05 2002,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">M240 Bravo/FNMAG your talking about?

My brother is currently serving in the U.S. Army as a gunner in the infantry, M240 is the weapon he is using. He told me that the rounds can pierce through the armor of a M113 APC and thin cement walls, I would love to see it in flashpoint.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the M240 Gulf is what im talking about. Not sure if the US Army uses the same variant as us. I just remember haveing a blast with all the different weapons while serving in the USMC.

The 240 can pierce a lot but not sure about M113, if he said it does then maybe he did it and knows, I never tried so I don't know. But I do know that the go through 3 cement blocks filled with sand biggrin.gif

remember also... I didn't know what range he was from the target... maybe he was 50ms away and it had enough power to pierce the armor of a M113 APC... Maybe 200-300ms it loses it's power slightly...

You might be surprised at the armor penetration of the plain ol' M60 and M249. A weapons effects demonstration which I saw a video of shows approximately one round out of seven from an M60 piercing the side armor of a Cadillac Gage Ranger APC (an armored car) and one round in ten from an M249 doing the same.

However, accoding to my Jane's  Tanks and Combat Vehicles Recognition Guide (Second Edition), the maximum armor of an M113 is approximately six times that of the Ranger. Draw your own conclusions.

(I know *I* for one would prefer a LAW.)