Sign in to follow this  
ufo

Dolores - Bomb placement problems

Hey-a! Just got ArmA, completely enjoying. However I have a problem.

I have reached the "Dolores" mission, the one where you have to place bombs to destroy some bridges (well, only one bridge personally).

My problem is that I have tried placing the bombs pretty much everywhere on the bridge, but it does not blow up.

Solutions?

try placing all on one spot wink_o.gif (best place should be underneath the bridge)

I tried one of the times, but I'll try again. I will update with results  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks

EDIT: Yup, worked, but apparently only when the bombs are placed under the bridge. Thanks for the help :P

yes, and also try searching the forum first; this issue has been discussed at great length already.

I placed 2 bombs on the nearest columns under the bridge wher you get dropped off. Swam into the water swam up to it planted 2 satchels (use mousewheel) swam back and hid.

The next trick is getting the twat on the radio to shout flash flash flash so you can blow the bridge... he doesn't always get triggered for some reason (at least for me he didnt) and if you blow the bridge before he says this mission over.

Skimbo

Ufo... There are other threads on this but here's what I previously posted on one of them;

I had no problems at all on my first attempt with the bridge.  Luckily I read about people losing kit and the placing charges problem (thanks PC GAMER) so I dropped my M4, ammo and all but 4 of my charges.

I swam to the first two supports and put a charge on each.  I had no 'Objective Complete' so placed another charge on one of the same supports and completed the objective.

I turned round, picked up my kit and ran 10 o'clock from the bridge to some buildings where the ammo stash was and loaded up on the M136.

When "Flash, Flash, Flash" came I detonated (success) and let rip on the two tanks and BRDM that had already got across.  The crews were quite tough and all bailed so I had a fire fight.

After this I got mean and went to the bridge and shot the guys in the water   .  

I cleared the area and went off to join my platoon.  I'd spent so long mopping up troops and tanks however, that when I reached the waypoint I'd missed the battle and blown tanks were everywhere - nice touch.

Carried on and completed the mission.

I'm sorry about the other threads thing, but I couldn't find the page-change buttons and forgot about the search button.. poor lonely search button..

Thanks again.