Sign in to follow this  
Giova_BLH

how to use useaction?

i've made several searchs here and in ofpec, but allmost nobody talk about it. It is like if noone has never used it sad_o.gif

so...

in my weapon i've wrote :

useAction = true;

useActionTitle = "My action %d";

But now, what to do?

How to do the link between my weapon and a script?

also how to give data (like C format) to my %d

TimeBomb and PipeBomb doesn't help me because i found this link (weapon <=> scriptPath) nowhere.

any help would be more than welcome.

Making a little UP because i'm completly stopped by this problem confused_o.gif

My weapon is a PDA, i need that:

condition : Player got the pda in its gears

function : Add the action "open PDA" to the unit

requested features :

-if an other player is close of the unit, he cannot see the "open PDA" action (problem encounted with addaction)

-When the player is using the PDA weapon, and firing, he have to don't fire , so he doesn't alert IAs.

-when "Open PDA" is trigered, a script is launched to start an animation, display the dialog of the PDA (script allready made)

-This weapon MUST be fully independant of any class of soldier. Tomorow, you create your own soldier class, you'll be able to use my PDA, without having to do anything, just yourunit addweapon "GiovaPDA", that's all.

A little confusing from your text.

Too add a script to a weapon you can use "fired" eventhandler

i've made several searchs here and in ofpec, but allmost nobody talk about it. It is like if noone has never used it  sad_o.gif

so...

in my weapon i've wrote :

useAction = true;

useActionTitle = "My action %d";

But now, what to do?

How to do the link between my weapon and a script?

also how to give data (like C format) to my %d

TimeBomb and PipeBomb doesn't help me because i found this link (weapon <=> scriptPath) nowhere.

any help would be more than welcome.

You can't use this for your actions. You need to use addaction and scripts. These actions only work for satchel charge and mine simulations. Your weapon would have to be defined as a satchel charge or mine for these actions to work, and that means the person using it will bend over to place something (and the ammo is created).