Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Avon's Original OFP Demo Nostalgia Mission Pack

Read all about my new mission pack on The FAQ's HOT NEWS section.

I'm looking for a few more hosts who can mirror the mission pack. If you can help, please let me know by email.

Enjoy!  smile.gif

Wow....Are these the missions originally made for the demo? I joined the community after I got the full game, and I never played any of the demo missions biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Feb. 04 2002,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow....Are these the missions originally made for the demo?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. The the whole idea is to introduce them to people like you now and to make them available again to old-timers who played them last year but deleted them or otherwise, thinking that they were non-playable in the retail version.

The people you mention

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Phaeden, Reddeth, Gaybo, Tobbeee or Duma<span id='postcolor'>

do they still make missions (for the full version)?

Hey I remember the demo missions. Altough I have a site where I can get them so I don't need your mission pack.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ Feb. 04 2002,15:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The people you mention

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Phaeden, Reddeth, Gaybo, Tobbeee or Duma<span id='postcolor'>

do they still make missions (for the full version)?<span id='postcolor'>

Alas, to the best of my knowledge, no, unfortunately. sad.gif

However, Sith pointed out to me this new (Jan. 25, 2002) map marker symbols addon by Phaeden.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 04 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey I remember the demo missions. Altough I have a site where I can get them so I don't need your mission pack.<span id='postcolor'>

There wouldn't by chance be a URL associated with that site, that you could post here for the kind folks at home, would there?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Feb. 04 2002,16:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG,, I love you Avon!!,,

Ahh,, don't we just love old classics!? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why you lurking snake!!!! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 04 2002,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes but you couldn't use it anyway because you can't get the missions there.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I did some searching and found a few sites with a handful of the demo missions.

However, XAOS, a Russian site, seems to have everything in my mission pack (38 missions) plus more for individual downloads. Note that the site in in Russian.

If anyone does download demo missions from elsewhere, if you want them to play on the retail version, you'll have to rename the files. Search The FAQ for "rename demo files" for instructions.

Ahhhh.... Don't know why but a tear drop it from my eye while playing Phaeden's Normandy mission... ahh those were really good times.....Axleonline was my prefered usermade mission site and lusty's editing discoveries were the frontpages of all OFP news at that time....

snif snif.. Memories, like the corners of my mind, Misty watercolor memories ,Of the way we were.... smile.gif

Damn you Avon.. you made me cry again smile.gif

tounge.gif  tounge.gif  

Keep the good work lady!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (keKoJoNes @ Feb. 04 2002,17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Axleonline was my prefered usermade mission site and lusty's editing discoveries were the frontpages of all OFP news at that time....<span id='postcolor'>

.... and I was publishing The OFP Tattler.

Now I made myself cry. sad.gif

Avon, does the mission pack include the absolutely fabulous mission titled "Fishermans Bend"confused.gif

This was (and still is) my favorite mission for OpFlash. It is still the only mission that actually gives a sense of a full scale assault. Ohhhhhh the memories!

My most memorable moment with this mission was sending my squad over the first hill and fighting off hordes of Ruskies. I ended up capturing the main battleground to the left of the church. But then i was assaulted by more Ruskies coming up the valley to take back fishermans bend. So i sprinted over to the sandbagged machine gun (sorry cant remember the name of the static machine gun....M2 maybe?) spun myself around and mowed down everything and anything that was running towards me, as i sent them falling i could see the remainders sprinting to the church to take cover. My teammates were dying all around me and i ended up wounded (and crawling) with a bullet to the leg. I crawled my way across the battlefield and hid in some bushes. I thought i had lost the battle but at that moment 2 M1A1's came flying over the hill and took out the rest of the enemies (and the church).

I ended up taking hold of fishermans bend that day my friends!!! And playing the best damn mission ever made for Op Flash!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon, does the mission pack include the absolutely fabulous mission titled "Fishermans Bend"confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But of course! From the pack's README file:

The following missions have been included in Avon's Original OFP Demo Nostalgia Mission Pack:

ODE 5th Special Forces by Cpt. Moore

ODE AA Attack by Forry

ODE Battle e` Lolisse by ?

ODE Bears in Red Wood I by Reddeth

ODE Blood 'n Guts Warfare by Gaybo

ODE Chopper Practice by Arnold

ODE Close Combat by Goodspeed

ODE Convoy V2 by Mach1

ODE Dark Combat by Gaybo

ODE Dragunov by Deathbringer

ODE Dropzone by ?

ODE Fisherman's Bend II by Reddeth

ODE Fishin' US Style by Reddeth

ODE Foothold by Duma

ODE Forest Gump by Goodspeed & Ciklop

ODE FUBAR Hard by Hadrian

ODE FUBAR II Deluxe by Hadrian

ODE Invasion Normandy by ?

ODE Leport2 by GFX707

ODE Lightstorm by Ninja

ODE Lightstorm MP5 by Ninja

ODE Lone Eagle by $T@RR0W$

ODE Mayday! Mayday! by ?

ODE Missing in Action E by DeathBringer

ODE Night Surprise by ?

ODE Night Surprise 3 by ?

ODE Normandy by Phaeden

ODE RBJstorm by Hadrian

ODE Real Ambush II by Lichon & Gildorr

ODE Real Ambush II Soviet by Lichon & Gildorr

ODE Red Dawn by ?

ODE Red Woods II by Reddeth

ODE Ride of the Valkyries by ST6Swede

ODE Ride of the Valkyries - Pilot Edition by ST6Swede

ODE Ride of the Valkyries - Private Edition by ST6Swede

ODE Supply Depot Raid by Phaeden

ODE T-72 by ?

ODE The Final Frontier by Gaybo

It's actually pretty strange that the OpFlash demo had better user made missions for it than what the full release has. I guess it comes down to the fact that with the demo, only people with the knowledge of how to delve into the game could create missions, so they were of a higher quality. But now that anyone under the sun can create a mission, we see alot more crap being produced than ever before. I apologise to the majority of budding mission makers out there (there are a selected few who can create fantastic missions) but there really is alot of poor quality.

That is a great point, Drewus. Relatively speaking, I too have downloaded fewer missions since the retail version has been out than during the 3.5 months before, when the demo was all there was.

If you want to try out some super missions, I'll give a plug here for master mission maker Chris a.k.a. Miles Teg <GD>'s OFP missions page. You won't regret it.

Another interesting thing about playing some of these missions now is I'm able to compare performance between the demo and the current retail version.

The demo was installed on the same notebook PC that I have OFP 1.42 installed on today. No hardware changes whatsoever were made since then. The only software changes made were installing whatever BIOS and driver upgrades became available in the interim.

I remember that it was impossible for me with the demo to decently play Battle e` Lolisse. This was one of the first missions created with dozens of AIs on both sides heading right at each other. It was so choppy back then that at the most I would get a few hits through the frame lag and eventually be shot. I never won back then.

Two days ago, I played Battle e` Lolisse under 1.42. What a difference! Not only was the frame rate tollerable, I hit more enemies than ever before in the mission and won the mission on the first try!

Of course, I've had a year of additional training since then. Nevertheless, performance improvements have made this and other heavy missions playable.