Sign in to follow this  
Digit

Armed Battallion.

So the mission is called Armoured Battallion, I think it's around 5/6 in the list. I'm not sure, basically it's the first one you play where you command a group of tanks. You have to attack one base, and then secure and hold another.

First of all, how do you command your tanks? I think I've managed to get the basic movement and targetting down, but every now and then nothing responds. For example, I will say "Left" and then when I go to let go, my tank just keeps turning left. Eventually I need to press Backspace twice (to open and close the radio menu) and suddenly all the commands I have entered, are queued up, and repeated in quick succession. I have no other controllers plugged into my PC.

Second, how do you target something and tell your tank to open fire? I, for example, hold down space which brings up a white crosshair on the HUD, it has a distance meter on it and small cross in the middle. As I mouse over things, their name appears. Then I hold down the right mouse button, and my view zooms in ever so slightly, and my guy says, "Target that X at 7 o'clock.", where X is the unit. Then I hit CTRL and the vehicle opens fire. "F" will change ammo/weapon. The problem is, for a reason I cannot deduce, enemy infantry, which are dead, show up as red text still, and my tank will continue to fire on a corpse until there is no more ammo. Normally they will report, "I got him!" and that's that, target eliminated.

Lastly, it would really help if someone could suggest a common and/or easily used key config for this, because I tried rebinding controls in the options menu, after the defaults were found to be all over the keyboard, but it seems like a very hit/miss affair. By the time I have actually gotten someone to finally target an AT soldier, he has launched his rocket and has almost reloaded his second. It's ridiculous. In addition, if my tank gets SLIGHTLY damaged, my crew bails. Well, thanks a lot guys... you losers. >_>

Any help or advice appreciated, perhaps I am overlooking something, but seriously, compared to piloting and targetting with a chopper, this is crazily difficult to get to grips with.

Cheers,

Digit

====

Forum fly...