Sign in to follow this  
metalhead897

Removing vehicle dust

Is it possible by way of CPP scripting to remove the dust a vehicle makes when driving? I'm making an addon and the dust cloud formed makes a very annoying cloud INSIDE my vehicle.

You could modify the islands cpp, which defines how much dust comes from each terrain type (0 = no dust). You may also have to do the same with the roads. It might be possible to use an addon pbo that modifies the class values without having to change the island, although I'm pretty sure the terrain classes are private.

It's not an ideal solution, but it will work.

Damnit... Thats what I gathered from looking at the original config file for OFP.

Alright, how about modeling? I'm not an expert on it but I recently downloaded Oxygen and I'm getting familiar with it. Can I change where the dust is formed?

To give you an idea what I'm trying to do, I'm trying to edit Xavier PETIT's Hunter Killer (Good job to him) for my own personal use (NOT FOR RELEASE)

For some reason, a dust cloud forms at the torso of the damn thing, probably due to modeling.

Another unrelated issue with this same addon, its projectiles (A rocket-classed plasma projectile) move VERY VERY SLOW, even when i take the variables from say, a hellfire missle, and plug them into its own CPP coding. If anyone can shed light on that it would help too.

I better add that I suggested the island solution because that is all I know. I know nothing about vehicle cpp definitions. There may be a much better vehicle based solution.

Yes, edit the model and go to the memory lod.

"stopa" vertices indicate where the dust shall come from AND the width of the track on the ground.

In a class tank vehicle (it may be your case), find the vertices named "stopa LL", "stopa LR", "stopa RL,"  and "stopa RR"

Select them and place them where you want the dust to appear...The problem may be that there is no such memory points, you'll have to create them and put them at the right place (near the tracks). Check a BIS tank if you wanna know where.