Sign in to follow this  
Scillion

SetPos and Other Global Commands

I find that I am hampered by a lack of knowledge concerning the use of Global Commands with Dedicatied Servers (Multiplayer).

1. Should I be worried about this if I plan to run these missions on a dedicatied server some day?

2. Is there a fix for this?

3. Must I keep everthing on ground level, is there no way to put AI units on higher floors in Dedicatied Server.

4. Is BIS planning to fix this?

I love to have enemies in towers and second floors. I want to start building some missions now but I find I must wait for an answer to this question. After all, you don't build a house until you know what tools you have.

Quote[/b] ]1. Should I be worried about this if I plan to run these missions on a dedicatied server some day?

Probably better to start learning MP scripting sooner rather than later. You don't need a dedicated server to make a start, just run the server software on the same machine you run Arma on.

Quote[/b] ]2. Is there a fix for this?

A fix for what? Are you saying you can't setpos units in Arma. Even if the unit is local to the client\server your calling the setpos command on? In OFP Setpos was a local command, not global. At least it was in the MP testing I've done.

It is a Global command now. Thats what this whole post is about. I don't want to make missions that won't work on servers or in multiplayer.

Not having tried it in Arma, I'm not sure what the issue is. But I assume global commands can be restricted to just a local scope, if required. Ok they can be executed both localy and globaly like AddMagazine in OFP, only the local version works and the global command does not?