Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Soldier Armor Values

So I'm working on my modest little project in ArmA and have my nice consistant hit values for ammo. I go to setup the soldier armor values and see that they've changed the format to be the same as vehicles. I think, 'okay I can roll with that'. Long story short.... The new system makes NO F*CKING SENSE and is driving me crazy. Here's the problem....

Let's say my M16 ammo does 1.145 hit value...

Let's say my known-good armor values for soldiers in OFP was 0.45...

Armorstructural was 1.0 and the head/body/hands/legs were all tweaked with body being 1.0 and others being less...

Now apply that to ArmA and it takes 30 rounds to kill a guy...Huh?

Here's the part that's pissing me off:

I've slowly adjusted the armor values in ArmA for soldiers until I'm happy with the torso shots to kill. But why do the legs always take fewer even when I have HitBody set to 0.5 and HitLegs to 1.0? Why does PassThrough seem to make no difference in anything? Does HitHead even work? I have it on 0.050 currently and it takes exactly the same amount of hits to kill as the body (which is set at 1.0). ARGH!!

I'm currently happy with the settings for all but HitHead which no matter how hard I try, including setting it to 0.0, refuses to allow me a one shot kill in the face.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

So I just rigged up a Hit eventhandler to display how much damage is being done. Why, with completely different values for HitHead, HitBody, HitHands, HitLegs, does it display exactly the same amount of damage regardless of where I shoot them?

Engine bug perhaps?

There is a global "armor" value on top of the "hitLeg", "hitHead", etc... ones.

Hit EH reports to you this value. The values in the other ones are "percentages" of this global armor value and keep their separate value. You should be able to get them with a "Dammaged" EH, but it was rather buggy in OFP

It never fails does it....

I've spent days trying to get this sorted and finally I give in and post here only to fix it a few hours later. Well, maybe someone else will have this issue and find this, so here's the fix.

I was pasting the HitBody/HitHands/etc config lines from the Man class into my new class. Little did I know that the seemingly identical config info from CAManBase was what I should have been pasting. Turns out the name attributes are incorrectly set in Man hence why none of my hit zones were working.

I'm happy to say that HitHead now indeed works, as do the rest of the attribs.