Sign in to follow this  
NighthawkSE

Timebombs

This one is driving me nuts!

Alright, I'm trying to build a 'defend the town' mission with AI saboteurs going in, placing timed satchel charges near parked vehicles, and then rush back out again.

I'm placing the satchel just fine by using ...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">SoldierOne Fire ["pipebombmuzzle", "pipebombmuzzle", "pipebomb"]

... and, according to the command reference, this is now all that's needed ...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">SolderOne Action ["SETTIMER"]

But all that gives me is an error message:

'Error 1 elements provided, 2 expected'

I've tried the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">SoldierOne Action ["SETTIMER", SolderOne]

SoldierOne Action ["SETTIMER", 30]

SoldierOne Action ["SETTIMER", "PIPEBOMB"]

All of them make the AI bend down and appear to set the timer, but nothing happens after that. No bang.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sidenote:

The command SoldierOne Action ["TOUCHOFF", SoldierOne] works, but I want placed bombs to go off even if the saboteur is killed during his escape from the town.

I tried to get it working. NO GO. There is something that is missing in the settimer action.

So here is a work around.

init.sqs

a=false

b=false

e=true

1. Down load this fine script [Author: Jeevz 12/13/2006]This Forum Page

2. Place a radio on the ground where you want the explosion to go off. Lower it below the ground. put this code in initialization field of radio.<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [(GetPos this select 0), (GetPos this select 1), -.5] Name the radio "Radiobomb"

3. Set a way point to the object you wish to blow. Put the code you used in it's action section.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Fred fire ["pipebombmuzzle ect.. ect.. ]; Fred [settimer,Fred]; a=ture; e=falseI know settimer doesn't work but It looks like he set it this way.

4. In a new trigger's condition area put:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> A Put this in the On Act section:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">b=true

this is just a timer for the bomb. So put the time you wish for the bomb to go off in the countdown section of the trigger.

5. In a new trigger's condition area put:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> B Put this in the On Act section:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[radiobomb,"medium"] exec "ied.sqs"

Seems like a lot of code but it's not too bad. Sorry I couldn't make it easier.

P.S. Here's one cool thing. I put e=true to tell you that the guy was still carrying the bomb. If you make a trigger that detects his death while carrying the bomb you can make him blow up.

Condition: (damage fred) > .9 and e

on act: [fred,"medium"] exec "ied.sqs"

Hrm... blast.

Oh well. Hopefully they'll correct either the command reference or include a fix for this in the next game patch.

Anyhow, now I got a plan. I'll get cracking on it right away. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the help, Scillion!