Sign in to follow this  

reloading artillery

I am trying to reload the artillery units ("D30"), but whatever I do.......it just refuses to add new ammo to it when it has shot all his shells.

What I do is:

Check ammo of the artillery

If all ammo has been shot the script moves to a reload section

I added "xxx enableReload true" (tried the script with and witouh this)

I add the correct magazine class (from the wiki page).

But.....it just doesnt add any magazines to it anymore. So I am stuck with a useless piece of artillery.

I fear the answer to this is simple, but I am looking at this prob for 2 days now.........anyone here who can help me?

Thanks in advance  thumbs-up.gif

didn't tried it at Arma, but at OPF you needed a manual reload when you add magazines AFTER vehicle guns are empty.

you have to "reload" (I never tried it by script)

or add magazines before the gun is empty.

Or as workaround you can "remove" and "re-add" the weapon, after you added magazines (adding a weapon triggers reload).

QuietMan

I have been trying to add ammo to it before it went down to 0, I did it when it shot 10 shell, when it shot 20 and when is did only have 1 shell left.

No luck sad_o.gif

Nobody here who knows how to correctly reload the artillery units? crazy_o.gif

I was about to suggest looking at Murrays artillery script. He uses M119. I suppose you cannot do AddMagazine "M119"?

I see you already tried that so forget what I said.

Marcus

quiet_man's suggestion works fine:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Gun01 RemoveAllWeapons; Gun01 AddMagazine "30Rnd_105MMHE_M119"; Gun01 AddWeapon "M119"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Gun01 RemoveAllWeapons; Gun01 AddMagazine "30Rnd_105MMHE_M119"; Gun01 AddWeapon "M119"

That worked great for me, thanx smile_o.gif.

Marcus

Ahhhhh, thanks for that. I see now I did misunderstood the "removeallweapos" thingy. smile_o.gif

Going to try this tonight when I get home. Thanks for the help guys thumbs-up.gif