Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Real "player" command support Voice + Location

idea is this:

(not add .ogg / .wss sounds and using already the ones that came with game.)

Having real ingame sounds (the ones already came with game) when using any support (artillery, airstrike, support) by radio menu.

When we click on the map to ask for artillery (etc), would it be possible to hear (and read) the "player" voice (and text) saying the real position ( like those sounds we hear when we order a player to go to a place)?

When we use that command we can see real coordinate numbers and hear real sound numbers by each player.

Would it be possible to use those ingame sounds (the ones already came with game) for this idea and purpose?

note: The artillery support im using atm uses the .ogg sound files. The sounds are always the same, it will be borring after a while. Would be nice to have real coordinates (sound and text) when we click on the map for artillery or other desired support.

I ask for help because i think its possible to be done.

Is this possible?

Please help, for the community smile_o.gif

cheers.

I did that for my Forward Observer & Mortar packs in OFP. Perhaps there are some scripts kicking about already, that do just this, without all the extra bits:

Forward Observer

It's a bit more complicated than what your after, but all the functions you will need are there.

But basicly you need to create some references to the sounds you want in either an addon or description.ext. Then break your map coordinates down in to their Alpha Numeric equivalents, and play the appropriate samples in the correct order. You also have to take into account the chosen voice of the player, at any point in time.

It's not a trivial task, so you can understand why nobody can reply so quickly.