Sign in to follow this  
Lowrider

Fix for The Great Battle?

Hi all,

Sorry for creating yet another Great Battle topic, but I didn't want this to get buried...

I hated not being able to finish the mission, so I un-pbo'd the campaign, and poked around in this mission. I noticed that the trigger for switching to the counter-attack on the east base is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">expCond="(((count units e1)+(count units e2)+(count units e3)+(count units e4)) < 5) && hlaskajsoutu==1";

I believe the problem is that there is no group e4. e1 and e3 are groups of T-72s; e2 is a group of BMPs; but if you search the mission.sqm for e4, the condition above is the only reference.

I changed the condition to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">expCond="(((count units e1)+(count units e2)+(count units e3)) < 5) && hlaskajsoutu==1";

and the mission worked fine. After I destroyed the last BMP, I got a radio message to attack the east base. I went over there, blew up the armor, and got the mission complete.

If you want to fix your own campaign:

1. Get a pbo utility (e.g. download Kegety's ArmA Tools in the download section at http://www.armed-assault-zone.com)

2. Go to \ArmA\Campaigns\

3. Back up your ca.pbo! Make a copy, call it ca.orig.pbo. (You'll probably need to put the original ca.pbo back before you run the next official patch.)

4. Un-pbo ca.pbo

5. Open the file \ArmA\Campaigns\ca\Missions\08Gryphons.Sara\mission.sqm in a text editor

6. Search for "e4" -- you should see the first line of code above. Replace with the second line of code.

7. Re-pbo the ca directory.

I'm running the Sprocket CZ 1.02 version. The usual disclaimers apply: try this at your own risk. Be sure to back up ca.pbo!

Hope this helps.

-LR

Sorry, haven't tried this yet, but if e4 doesn't exist, then the result of

(count units e4)

should be zero and hence the lines of code are the same. Then again, I may not be right - good job though. smile_o.gif

Thanks for this, I've tried and it worked. Too bad the last mission where you take bagango don't finish properly neither.

Sorry, haven't tried this yet, but if e4 doesn't exist, then the result of

(count units e4)

should be zero and hence the lines of code are the same.  Then again, I may not be right - good job though. smile_o.gif

That's a good point. I tested it out in a dummy mission, and it didn't seem to work that way. I suspect the undefined variable makes the entire expression undefined.

Hi !

Tried here and it worked! Thanks Lowrider! notworthy.gif

BIS should definately add this fix to next patch. Even more, fix all errors on the ArmA campaign.

Rgards!

i dont think the arma campaign is finnished yet anyways... wait for the 505 releace/patch (gonna buy the game again myself.. i cant understand german and a reinstall is needed every patch) and it should be much better wink_o.gif

Any way to fix the ridiculous hellfires, too?

Seeing as they fire fine in any other thing involving choppers, except this mission. (That i've experienced, anyway).