Sign in to follow this  
essemm

Ordering a squad member to land?

Hi folks. I've created a mission where I have an MH6 and myself. I would like the MH6 to drop me behind enemy lines, so that I can do a bit of sniping. How do I get the MH6 to land using the command menu in-game? I don't want to fuss with waypoints and all that, I would like to just get in the chopper, order him to a spot, and then get him to set her down so that I can get off.

Likewise...is it possible to fast-rope or rappel from the helos?

Cheers,

SM

In the waypoint where it shall land write

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_heli flyInHeight 0

in "On activation" field.

If you're ordering by clicking on the map, setup a trigger with Radio-activation.

In "On activation" field, write

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_heli flyInHeight 0

JW

smile_o.gif

Appreciate the help JW, but that doesn't seem to work. Number 1: it doesn't like the _ at the beginning of heli...says something about "local variable in global". Secondly, it automatically wants to expand heli to helicopter.

Man, this should be easier...

Sorry, you missunderstood.

Name the chopper whatever (for example "chopper1" without the qoutes)

and then you use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">chopper1 flyInHeight 0

_heli, _unit etc is often used as "the name of the unit". Not what you actually should write.

Sry for confusion

JW

smile_o.gif

Ahhh, that worked. Now how do I release chopper1 so that he is free to take more commands?

Now, is it possible to fastrope or rappel?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_heli flyInHeight 50

as radio bravo perhaps, or a second way point anywhere.

He'll just take off and go there.

Or just order him to go somewhere, I think that works.

Why not just have a waypoint for unload/ transport unload? Then once that's completed, have one for him to fly off somewhere while you do the mission, then have a radio command to bring him back for extraction? Seems far simpler to me crazy_o.gif

Because I'm new, and have no idea how to do that smile_o.gif

Anybody know if there is a mission editing tutorial website out there. I could use the help...

Anybody know if there is a mission editing tutorial website out there.  I could use the help...

Operation Flashpoint Editing Center:

http://www.ofpec.com/

They also cover ArmA.

Good luck!

P.S. This thread belongs to the ArmA - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING section of the forum, but I guess a moderator will take care of that this time whistle.gif

Cool...that website is great! I hope lots of those scripts work for ArmA.

Yeah, I agree that this post should be moved...I haden't inteded for it to be as "scripting" focused as this, thought it was something I could do with the commands menu in game. I guess not.

Cheers guys. I've also found a rappel script at OFPEC under the scripts area. Can't wait to get home and try it!