Sign in to follow this  
Vänskä

Sounds issues

This is an editing issue not a general sound issue (might be related though).

So I´ve been trying make a few simple things: make an unit "say" something and make a radio play music (by using say).

I managed to get both of these to work but the problem is the sound is WAY too loud.

For example I have radio playing "music" (class is a sound) but the only way I can set the volume level correctly (so that it can´t be heard ten miles away) is to set it from description file to something like 0.001. It works fine when you don´t do anything. But instantly when another sound is heard (a footstep for example) the radio stops playing and starts from the beginning. I have a three minute radio loop and I would like it playing and looping all the time.

This is also the same when I have an unit to say something.

Weirdest thing is that I can´t even do it the way it works (above), if I change the place of the radio. Even if I set the volume to 0.001 it can still be heard miles away (like it would come through radio). Though yet again when a sound is heard the music stops and plays from the beginning.

What am I doing wrong?

What I managed do right was to make a "vehicle radio", which only plays to players inside a given vehicle. I managed to do even a channel switching system to it. This I did by using music (class) so it doesn´t help me with the problem above.