Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

Game Crashes When Launching

For the past couple of weeks I have been enjoying arma without a hitch. Tonight I tried to load it up and it gave me the "ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." with the following data:

Error signature

Appname: arma.exe AppVer 1.1.0.5094 ModName: arma.exe

ModVer: 1.1.0.5094 Offset: 002b0289

Error report contents:

Exception Information

Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000

Record: 0x0000000000000 Address 0x00000000006b0289

I uninstalled & reinstalled, tried to launch again and it crashed with the same exact error. There are no other programs running in the background and this is a brand new installation of xp pro. There were no changes to any of my settings between being able to play it and not. After the reinstall I didn't even use the english patch before launching.

If reinstalling the game doesn't get me anywhere I don't know what to do. If someone could help solve this I will be very greatful.

Game version: Digital German version from metaboli (1.01)

Protection: SF (I believe)

PC specs

CPU: C2D E6600

RAM: 2GB PC8500

VGA: ATI Radeon X1900 Crossfire cards 2X512MB Dvr, 6.14.0010.6648

MB: Asus P5W DH, chipset 975X

SND: Audigy 2 [9880] Dvr, 5.12.0001.1196

Dx 9.0c

Code: 0xc0000005 is a hardware fault. Doesn't necessarily mean any hardware is defective but there could be a problem while accessing it. In my case its the sound blaster X-Fi something to do with the limited EAX2 in entertainment mode as opposed to EAX5 in game mode so unless I have it in game mdoe while EAX is on it crashes. I don't know how the audigy cards work but if you have the ability to switch between modes use whatevers designed for games. Or try disabling EAX by editting the .ArmaProfile file under \My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\[profile name]

If that doesnt' work simply rename this file and most settings will be set back to normal including all your controls. Adjust settings and relaunch the game to find what is causing the problem

I'm not able to edit the profile because the game has not been able to fully launch. I'm also wondering why the game ran so well for so long and now it's crashing no matter what I do.

I found a couple SF utils (remover and updater). The uninstall removes the SF driver so I didn't need the remover. After another fresh install of ArmA ( and a fresh crash) I was able to update the SF driver with the updater - although it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks for letting me know what kind of error code that relates to. This PC is brand new so I guess it's possible something is arye. I'll try to find some good diags to test memory and such.

Just move all the profiles from the ArmA Other Profiles directory then go in to the ArmA folder in my documents, edit the default profile and either insert or change to

soundEnableEAX=0;

soundEnableHW=1;

Just move all the profiles from the ArmA Other Profiles directory then go in to the ArmA folder in my documents, edit the default profile and either insert or change to

soundEnableEAX=0;

soundEnableHW=1;

I'm not able to edit the profile because the game has not been able to fully launch. The game will only create a profile if it has been loaded after installation.

I guess it's time to reinstall windows...

Tried to look

here ?

No I haven't tried updating the chipset drivers, thanks for the link.

I did find a way to get the game going without formatting, but i'm not sure which one fixed the problem.

* Prevented wifi software from loading while installing and launching.

* A friend suggested running chkdsk 2X right before installation.

When/if I find the root cause of this problem I will update this thread. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

*PROBLEM RESOLVED*

ASUS WiFi-AP Solo causes conflicts with ArmA.

I hope this thread helps someone else so they don't have to spend hours on it like I did.

Thanks for the help yall.