Sign in to follow this  
Stag

A little addon

Anybody considered a lifejacket? dunno if waving arms and legs constitutes swimming, but even if you can't move, it still opens up the possibility of SAR.

Don't need any new models, either.

I'm impressed WarDog!!! Yup, I'm sick of bailing out of my chopper or plane only to find myself floating to my death... I would be very useful for pilots and M-113 crew's (as it is used as a landing craft). And maby while in the water (with you jacket inflated) you can swim, it would mean making a new character animation but think of it.

A real good possibility for black op's aswell... Jumping out of the boat 600m from the shore for the ultimate stealth insertion tounge.gif

Yeah not a bad idea in my opinion, If All the islands could be linked into one giant map with quite a space of water between them it would be great...

if you could eject from the side of a UH-60 that had been shot down over the water, You could "try" and swim to safety, Or wait for a rescue helicopter.

Interesting.

At least it's not that nonsence of all those posts asking for fighter planes or bombers.

Interesting idea.

Not really practical for the game however. Really, if you want to do that sort of things get Search and Rescue 3.

However, I often find myself board and making Search and Rescue missions, usually flying the OH-58 over forests..picking my crew up one at at time, sometimes the Chinook.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tylerb59 @ Jan. 27 2002,09:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interesting idea.

Not really practical for the game however. Really, if you want to do that sort of things get Search and Rescue 3.

However, I often find myself board and making Search and Rescue missions, usually flying the OH-58 over forests..picking my crew up one at at time, sometimes the Chinook.<span id='postcolor'>

The SAR aspect is only part of it; as MP said, using it to get ashore for a raid is another use.

We know that some objects float. Is there not some guru out there which coud give this attribute to an item like a parachute?

Of course it's all academic if a human can't move through the water under his own steam.