Sign in to follow this  
sirglider

AI using flaps

Hi all!

I've looked around a little bit and I don't really understand the behaviour of the AI on my plane. huh.gif

When I fly the plane, there's no problem. I can take-off easily and then my plane climbs well at around 120kph. But when the AI uses it, he takes-off normaly, but then he puts some flaps to climb. The problem is that my plane is a STOL aircraft and it has very efficients flaps. So if I put them half down, I almost can't climb anymore. Normal! But for an unknown reason the AI use them to climb too!

I've tried to played a bit with the speed settings. Here are they:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">landingspeed=130;

maxspeed=200;

I suppose that both speeds are too close for the AI. But if I put a landing speed lower, then the AI stalls. I've tried to change a little bit my CG and the weight of my plane. It changes its attitude in flight, but not the stall speed...

So here's all my problem. How can I manage the AI to fly and climb well with my plane?

Thx for your help! help.gif

Sirglider

use a STOL script rather than super efficient flaps. There are a few plane addons around you could check out to see how.

All right, I've reduced my flap' s friction to a quite normal value. But now I have an other problem, not related to STOL:

When the AI takes-off and should move to a first point at the end of the runway, it takes him ages to go there. In fact it takes off, turn a bit and then make a 360 to join the point, eventhough he's reached it. I've set<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">precision=350;But even with nomral (500m) it does the same. And he does it with every waypoint if flies to...

Is there anything to do with <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">steeraheadsimul

steeraheadplan? Cause I can't figure out those 2 config lines..

Thx thumbs-up.gif

do you mean that you've set waypoints down the taxiway/runway for the pilot to follow?

AFAIK the taxi and takeoff process is independant of waypoints in flashpoint - so it may be a case that during the automated process he ignores the waypoints till he's taken off, then once airborne, he starts to follow them...

if's i've completely misunderstood you, then ignore everything i said tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]do you mean that you've set waypoints down the taxiway/runway for the pilot to follow?
Sorry that might be a bit confused, it's about WP away from the RWY and Taxiways.

In fact my test is with a 1st WP about 1km north of the RWY and then the next one is about 6km away from the 1st one.