Sign in to follow this  
M60

CD-Key help

I just bought an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ and motherboard recently and am going to re format after I put them in. The problem I have is I have lost my Flashpoint and Resistance manuals! I still have the boxes, CD's and both games installed. Is there a file where the CD Key is stored that I can just save to a disk and put back in later? Or would that not even work because it asks you for the Key during installation? Any ideas?

ok follow my intructions. goto start menu click run type regedit and click ok. after that you should have a registry editor pop-up. Goto the software folder and look for codemasters in there should be operation flashpoint folder and a file called serial double click it and there is your cd-key. wink_o.gif

It looks encrypted but maybe it will work... Thanks!

The only way you can replace a lost Cd key, if regedit does not work, is to buy another copy of the game.

S'far as i know, BIS and Codemasters do not give out new cd keys, even if it is proven that the person owns a legitimate copy of the game.

And it is faster to buy the GOTY @Amazon. It`s very cheap.

i lost my CD key and they gave me a copy once i proved it was a legit version. But if i lose that one they wont supply me with another

A quick search for "lost CD key" would have revealed many, many identical threads to this, all of which are locked.

CD keys are NOT something to be discussed on these forums.

The ONLY legitimate recourse for a lost CD key id to contact Codemaster's and ask if they can supply a new one. Failing that, you will need to buy yourself a new copy.

END OF DICSUSSION.