Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralKarlDonuts

wss file converter

Hey gang, does anybody know where I can find a particular .wss convertor for OFP? I had one a while back that worked great but have since deleted it. I tried searching for it all over the web and couldn't track it down.

It was a Windows app which created a start menu entry and had an icon which looked like a little mushroom cloud...anybody know the one I'm talking about?

I've tried Stoppelhopser's utility and it's not decoding files properly, hence my interest in finding this other one.

If anybody knows the program I'm talking about, please link me, although I have a vague suspicion I got it from OFPEC...

I've got it.

I just uploaded it here: http://www.sinewsofwar.com/Downloads/tabid/77/Default.aspx

Be careful with it though. If I remember it is one of those that likes to replace system files and puts the program in the system folder I think...  very old and bad programming.

It's pretty safe, just if it asks you to keep a newer version of a system file - say "YES" wink_o.gif

Also have a look here:

Here

<s>The wss converter is not the one you refer to - but it works well.</s>

EDIT:  I was wrong the strange icon that I never leally looked at before is indeed that of a mushroom cloud.