Sign in to follow this  
deanosbeano

character switching

I'm completely happy with character switching.. Sure, it's unrealistic (ON that subject, one of the "realism complaints" on the OFP.info post on the ArmA E3 video was being able to eject from helis... But if I wanstn't able to eject from a heli in OFP, it would be exxtreeemmly annoying, it's good ArmA isn't "breaking" things like this, espically for backwards compatibilty with missions.. Anyway)

There is something people are seemingly missing with the character switching..

Since it isn'nt forced upon you at certain points of the missions (Like in some games, you play though point a to b as Mr A, then at point B, you play as Mr Z.. And if you play the mission again, you play the same people at the same places)..

Soo.. You could replay the entire compain many many times.. (For example) once as the normal character you start with, then you could reload the mission, switch to the tank, play it as that, reload and switch the heli..

Surely thats a good thing, no?

- Ben

{Edit, spaced it out a bit to make it look less like a solid sentence icon_rolleyes.gif }

Reviving a very old topic here (previous post may 15, 2006(!)). Anyway, i toyed with the mission editor and threw in some playable chars in a single player mission of some semi big battle.

I already thought so when announced, but i like the char switching possibility. Yes, it is perhaps a bit less realistic and immersive (but you always can choose NOT to use/implement it) but it can be very handy too.

E.g. very easy switching between driver/gunner in a tank. Or between scouting unit and 2 main battle tanks.

Of course issues will pop up, but the option of using char switching is imo a welcome addition.

Note: fast char switching (i had 6 switchable chars last night) between units far apart will bring any system down in the end:)