Sign in to follow this  
Crackbone

Gunnerview?

I've searched through the forum for long now in search of a solution to my problem. The trouble, I guess, is that I simply don't understand memory-LOD's well.

I'm hoping to change the gunner's perspective of the machine-gun that I'm editing, and I assume that 'gunnerview' in the memory-LOD controls the perspective of the gunner. My problem is that if I change the position of 'gunnerview' at all in the memory-LOD, the image below is the result. When the machine-gun is controlled in the game, only the sights change position: the machine-gun itself remains still. Furthermore, the muzzle-flash is always visible. What's the trouble here?

Thanks

gunnerview7zb.jpg

is it hand held or a mounted machine gun? if the latter, vehicle class or apc class?

It's a mounted machine-gun, and it's inherited from the class M113.

ok, the reasons one part of the gun is moving, and the rest not is that you've incorrectly defined your 'otochlavne' and 'otocvez' selections... make sure you've defined these correctly as they dictate what part of the weapon rotates, and pitches up and down.

as for the muzzle flash, make sure the class name under cfg models is exactly the same as your p3d name.

ok, the reasons one part of the gun is moving, and the rest not is that you've incorrectly defined your 'otochlavne' and 'otocvez' selections... make sure you've defined these correctly as they dictate what part of the weapon rotates, and pitches up and down.

as for the muzzle flash, make sure the class name under cfg models is exactly the same as your p3d name.

Well, it seems strange to me since the *only* portion of the model that I've edited is the memory-LOD 'gunnerview'. I only changed its position.

But 'otochlavne' and 'otocvez'? How are these defined? Are their definitions lost when any aspect of the model is changed (such as in moving the position of 'gunnerview')?

they shouldnt be, but the problem you've outlined above is a classic symptom of those definitions being lost...

did you odol explorer the model before editing it? as this can cause selections to become corrupt.

they shouldnt be, but the problem you've outlined above is a classic symptom of those definitions being lost...

did you odol explorer the model before editing it? as this can cause selections to become corrupt.

Yes, I did export it through ODOL Explorer. It's the old model of the DShK machine-gun from BAS. If you've ever played with this machine-gun, then maybe you'll remember that there's no optics for it. Rather, it's simulated through an upright projection on the firearms-receiver on the model itself.

My goal is simply to advance the perspective of the gunner before this upright projection and include optics.

If the definitions are lost, I don't at all know how to restore them through Oxygen. I understand the concept; I just don't understand the procedure. How is this done?

Thanks

you'll have to do into the view LOD's and select everything that you wish to rotate left and right, and in the selections box find the selection called 'otochlavne', right lcick on it with ther model still selected and click 'redefine'

do the same for 'otocveze' but this time eveything you want to move up and down.

you'll need to repeat that in all the LOD's.