Sign in to follow this  
AiRBLaDE

Franze Ah64 multiplayer question

Hey, Im using Franze's ah64 to replace the original BIS one, but there is one issue in multiplayer I would like to fix. Whenever the helicopter respawns, the wheels will be in the ground, and the body of the ah64 will appear to be touching the ground. 10 seconds after it respawns, the helicopter is standing on its wheels normally, but then this issue happens.

and if I fly the helicopter, then land it, it says on its wheels as it normally should. Just this issue when it first respawns on the ground.

I know something has to be changed with the model. Any ideas what that might be?

I dont believe its a server issue, because I use many other addons to replace the other helicopters, and this has never happened before.

That is weird. I never had this probem.

you used Franze's ah64 for replacing the BIS one? Did you do it through editing the main config?

well, since it seems nobody knows how to fix this. Is there anything I can try to fix this problem?

its nothing more than flashpoint being a little confused with the change in vehicle - its likely that the land contact points of the BIS chopper dont match the ones in this one - hence the bis chopper is respawned correctly, but this one sits lower in O2 and hence ingame - untill flashpoint works out that its sitting below ground, and bounces it up...

moving the landcontact points would solve it i reckon.

Quote[/b] ]moving the landcontact points would solve it i reckon.

Well, I just did look at the bis apache p3d in o2, and comparing it to Franze's apache, it is in a different location.  

Im not very good with o2, but could you explain how I can change the coordinates of Franze's apache to the same coordinates of the BIS apache?

To move the model up a bit:

- Edit>Select All

- Points>Transform 3D>Move

- Click the checkbox for "Apply to All LODs"

- Enter 0.5 in the Y value box

I don't know if this will change anything either.

Guest RKSL-Rock

To be honest i doubt moving the land contact points will make any difference.

We came across somethign similar when we tested the Rapier FSC in MP it turned out to be missing cargo proxies in some of the lods i think.

I dont know if that solution would be applicable here...

To move the model up a bit:

- Edit>Select All

- Points>Transform 3D>Move

- Click the checkbox for "Apply to All LODs"

- Enter 0.5 in the Y value box

I don't know if this will change anything either.

hey Franze, what you posted above does work, except one thing.  As I made this change, the helicopter does spawn with its wheels not underground as much, but after I land, the wheels will appear to not be touching the ground and they will be 0.5 value away from the ground.  How could this be fixed?

before, the wheels were completely touching the ground after I landed, but now they have the change I said above.

I hadn't expected that to work, but try the same method again, but bring it down by -0.25 and maybe it'll be ok.

Can't you just setpos the respawned chopper 0.5 (?) meters above the ground?

No, because to the host, nothing is wrong. So the solution is to correct the only modified part.

Quote[/b] ]No, because to the host, nothing is wrong. So the solution is to correct the only modified part.

I see, I re-read the original post. This is a general MP fix rather than a problem with just one mission.

But as Rock said, it does sound like the same problem we had. The vehicles center point was thrown off in MP because I added a proxy to one LOD. As soon as I added the same proxy to the memory LOD it worked fine.

Is this a problem in all MP missions, or just when you try and replace the BIS chopper?

That is weird. I never had this probem.

you used Franze's ah64 for replacing the BIS one? Did you do it through editing the main config?

Only time I ever replaced it was in modding BIS missions to put Franze's in if thats what you mean.