Sign in to follow this  
sgt_sid

Change unit patch?

Hi yall, just wondering how do one go about if one wants to change the unit patch on the units/soldier. This is more to add personal realism for SP missions than for multiplayer.Tried looking for a tute on it but can't find an easy one to follow.

Currently I have the GROM addon which is great but the one I wanted to change first is the default WEST men. I was thinking of changing the american flag to another flag/patch or somethin. thanks smile_o.gif

Hmm, this is a problem. You see, the original soldiers don't come with the option to change the patch on the shoulder (the unit patch would be on the other arm anyway, the US flag would remain, as in real life). You would have to open the original data.pbo, and edit the arm textures by hand - not a simple task.

well Ill give it a go then confused_o.gif Thanks for your reply anyways mate smile_o.gif

Wow you're a rarity, still content with the stock BIS grunts biggrin_o.gif

There's so much choice and quality out there. Chances are, there's probably an addon out there that offers you the very unit you're wanting to represent wink_o.gif