Sign in to follow this  
nubbin77

Windows xp 64

Will OFP work under windows xp 64? Assuming that you had 64 bit drivers for your vid card / sound card, etc..? I'm just curious if there is anyone here that is actually playing with xp 64?

(I'm not asking about performance, because I know there wouldn't be any performance inprovements and in fact it might run slightly slower because xp 64 has to emulate a 32bit environment, I'm just asking if it works at ALL).

might do, but there is no point really I doubt you will get much boost (if any!wink_o.gif in performance, remember xp 64 kinda cheats they use windows server 2003 code  icon_rolleyes.gif  my opinion: dont bother with xp 64 and stay with xp 32 edition and wait for vista to arrive perhaps?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Will OFP work under windows xp 64?  Assuming that you had 64 bit drivers for your vid card / sound card, etc..?  I'm just curious if there is anyone here that is actually playing with xp 64?

(I'm not asking about performance, because I know there wouldn't be any performance inprovements and in fact it might run slightly slower because xp 64 has to emulate a 32bit environment, I'm just asking if it works at ALL).

I've got an XP64 box i use for CAD and 3D work. OFP does run on it with no noticable perfromance issues but i really wouldnt bother using XP64 - unless you have alot of memory and are using the box for 64bit enabled apps there really isnt any point.

As brataccas said wait until Vista and save yourself some pain. huh.gif You'll be happier for it.

Aparently alot of games dont work as good as they do on regular XP because everything has to be run through a 32bit emulator, i suppose alot of this is to do with drivers though.

At any rate, just stick to good 'ol 32bit XP wink_o.gif