Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Cheese

Joint Mission Editing

I've had a search through and it doesn't look like this has actually been suggested that - if I've typed in the wrong keywords, kindly don't shoot me :P

I'm sure we've all experienced getting halfway through a mission and getting lazy, or having to open up .zipped missions from people who've done you a random base or some other aspect of a joint mission, opening it up and pasting it into your existing mission. Not very pleasant.

What'd be very nice is if someone could have the option of setting up a 'mission making server' on his/her local machine which people could join in order to make joint missions. Those present in the server would be able to share the same mission screen and modify it to the same degree as they would on their local machine. Each modification made to the map by one of the people present would be visible to all, allowing for each person to work on a separate part of the mission - thus getting it done much faster and with more interactivity than before. If any person wanted to create a script, they could input it into the [as has been suggested] inbuilt mission script editor. The scripts could possibly be transferred to the host machine and then -in real time or by some form of 'refresh scripts' button- sent to all of the local machines for viewing.

There - 5 min suggestion on truly joint mission making :P

Yes! biggrin_o.gif

Playing online with a friend, the server has something to do (Editing the mission), the other person(s) sit about fataly bored..

Maybe 3 levels, 1 - like it is now (no preview), 2 - can see the editors screen, 3- can edit mission along side the server/host

And, this would allow you to create missions for dedicated servers (on the fly) biggrin_o.gif

I did think of this a while ago (Seeing the mission being edited), but never posted it, and forgot..

I hope this is possible in ArmA, which is may be (That interview claimed the MP was a much larger segment of the game in ArmA compared to OFP)

*Fingers crossed* tounge2.gif

- Ben