Sign in to follow this  
Scout2of3

Can't make respawns work

I am making a multiplayer map and pretty much finished it but I can't get the respawn to work.I have version 1.4 and have read many tutorials about how to add respawns,but I haven't had no luck.I have used Wordpad to make the description.ext file,along with notepad,but after I save the mission to my multiplayer folder and play that map,the respawns for both sides don't work,it just goes to the seagull.Here are the parameters that I put in for respawn:

respawn=4

respawndelay=10

I named this description.ext,and have tried it without the .ext,and in the save as type box,I have saved as Word for Windows 6.0. I am not sure if I need a different word program or not,all I know is I am very frustrated,please help.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I named this description.ext,and have tried it without the .ext,and in the save as type box,I have saved as Word for Windows 6.0. I am not sure if I need a different word program or not,all I know is I am very frustrated,please help.<span id='postcolor'>

Just write the file in notepad,, choose "save as" and then write the name of the file:

"description.ext"

within quotes.

Thanks Snake,it worked wonderfully.The " " was what I was missing,again thanks a load,it is much appreciated.