Sign in to follow this  
padome

Which to buy, gold ed, or ofp and upgrade?

I'll probably have a new computer built by next week (hopefully), and can start playing ofp. At a store in town I can get ofp for $30 and gold upgrade for $10. I've been looking for the gold edition but can't find it anywhere. So if you were me and have only played the single player demo, would you wait for the gold edition to come to town, or just go and buy those two that are on sale in town. I don't really know if there is a difference between two. It appears that if you buy ofp and then buy the gold upgrade, that it would be the same thing as the gold edition. Is this correct?

I've been searching for a way to search the forum for this answer, so sorry if its been asked a hundred times.

Thanks for any help though. I've been waiting about a year now to play this game, my old computer just wouldn't play too well.

yes u are correct

get the gold upgrade as most servers have it and u will need it if u want to play online, plu sit has loads of new weapons and contains the soviet campaign smile.gif

That wasn't his question... But anyways:

Gold Edition is the same as v1.0 + Gold Upgrade.

I think Gold Edition is cheaper than buying the two seperate, though.

My advice is that you buy what you see. The only difference is price.

The reason why most stores don't have Gold Edition is because they still have lots of the original OPFs in stock.

So it would be suicide to stock up on Gold Edition, then sell of OPF for sale.

Oh I see, so the gold edition doesn't have anything new as compared to just buying OFP along with the gold upgrade?

I sure do understand your reasoning though as to why they aren't putting it out on the racks yet, I wonder if thats why they have the two on sale this week? hmmmm