Sign in to follow this  
CopyrightPhilly

dedicated server ports

I have e-mail codemasters but there reply was... well lets just say the wall was more usfull...

Currently i have ports:

TCP & UDP

2300-2400

TCP only

all open for the server to run, now the problem is will show under lan but not in the gamespy list. I have got the below file currently in my cfg file:

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

but it still will not display.

So if i'm missing some ports can someone reply with the full list? i can seem to find them anywere on this site.

cheers

Serverport and Serverport+1 (for gamebrowser queries) should be enough, ie 2302/udp and 2303/udp normally.

Has your server direct internet connection? Is there a router or a (stateful) firewall between the server and the internet? Did you open tcp or udp ports? For incoming and outgoing connections?

from the look of his post he is opening 2300-2400 which means he does not have to worry about the +1

some FWs are port specific and others will allow ranges to open

i would remove the reporting IP, its like that as dephault, and what OS are you running, and any software fire walls must be set to match

in some cases a user will have 3 FWs, Hard ware based Router, Windows XP FW and a 3rd party Soft ware FW like blacke ice or Zone alarm

we use Black Ice for our server, since it shows information faster like who failed FTP logins, who is using OFP watch (shows a UDP scan on 2304) and much much more, but at home Zone alarm is much better

Let us know