Sign in to follow this  
AntiPasta

Shotguns & weapon creation

Ain't it weird that the only shotgun in OFP is the Kozlice?

The military uses shotguns too, I suppose, and it would be cool to have something like a Remington 870 (used in Nam i believe), a Jackhammer, a Saiga auto shotgun, whatever.

I realize that only wanting them doesn't get the shotguns in OFP, so I have a second question: How do you make weapons for OFP? Is it easy? what tools do you need? I've done some basic mission editing but not much scripting.

Tnx in advance

Can someone possibly take off the scope on the M21 so it is an M14(An M21 is an M14 modified a little)? It might make a good assault rifle for OFP.

i know they used shot guns in nam but were taking about a jungle as in close space and shot guns arent very good for open space like the ofp map plus for the jack hammer its not used it combat by army its just by assault when there a town situation not a field i donne 2 years of army reserve now and i never used a shot gun because rifle prisisition is better there for u kill before shot gun does wow.gif

I Forgot to put in that in the secondary weapon slot instead of an rocket launcher you should be able to have sidearms like a Beretta M9.

pistols and shotguns are only used for CQB, which never happens in OFP.

How often are you nearer than 50m away from the enemy???

You may not use the pistol often but it isn't only a cqb weapon. All military officers are issued a pistol and many enlisted personel use them too. It's a backup weapon.

Search around on the web for addons. I've seen sites with rotary shotgun addons and there is the m16 with shotgun mounted underneath addon. it can be found at ofpeditingcenter.

Madmike, how about terrorist using pistols as their prime weapon? If OFP can allow anti terrorist mission, I believe that is a good idea to add their weapon too. smile.gif