Sign in to follow this  
zverushka

Su-27 Flanker

This is a great russian airplane, very similar to the F-15. Should be faster than the A-10 Thunderbolt, more missiles (guided missiles too) and should be more maneuvrable. This is a great fighter it's used b0"><e northern Russian navy as it's fighter.

Su27 is a great fighter, though IMO it's implementation into OFP would be A, useless (it's an air superiority fighter, and there's not much going on in OFP's air space) and B, Unrealistic as it's generally a mid-high altitude fighter and those altitudes are not present within OFP sad.gif

"This is a great fighter it's used b0"><e northern Russian navy as it's fighter. "

Sure you dont mean the Su33 (AKA Su27K)? If I remember correctly the Su33 is the navalized version of the Su27 with the extra forward canards.

I think the Yak-38 would be a good idea

yak-38.JPG

oh and I also want that VBS Harrier.

you can get the yak38 forger but ti is a vtol skined su25 or no vtol

Yeah I got it, I also have the VTOL Harrier (which is a reskinned su25 also), but it would be nice to have the proper model VBS Harrier smile.gif

You can get the Harrier too but it's a retextured Su-25 as well (obviously since no new models are possible). The textures are pretty good on that one though.

So what exactly happened about that p3d to obj converter? I haven't seen the latest news on it yet. confused.gif

We can modify the existing models with it, but nobody knows how to put the textures on so we can't make new models.

Well I bet that someone will eventually find out how to put the textures on...but I also think that the official modding tools will be released by then.

"We can modify the existing models with it, but nobody knows how to put the textures on so we can't make new models."

I was under the distinct impression that a lone wolfs tool could convert some types of p3d (MLOD) to obj and NOT back again. Have I missed something? You seem to be talking about textures.

MIG-29 is alot better then the SU-27, the mig29 is one of the world's most maneuverable and toughest fighter jet.

Just came across these in my husband's snapshots of a trip a while ago to the IAF Museum in Be'er Sheva, Israel. I hope they're of interest. The plane definitely seems to be in OFP's 1985 theme timeframe.

The description below the pics is taken from the exhibit's plaque at the museum.

IAF_Museum_MIG23_1.jpg

IAF_Museum_MIG23_2.jpg

MIKOYAN MIG-23 FLOGGER

TYPE: Fighter interceptor

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: U.S.S.R.

PERFORMANCE: Speed 2.31 mach

RANGE: 1300 km.

The swing wing MIG-23 is one of the most advanced Soviet made interceptors to fall into Israeli hands. In 1989, a Syrian defector landed the aircraft in northern Israel. The Flogger's outstanding accelleration capabilities, avionics and missile systems make it a potent rival for fighters of its generation. Despite this, IAF fighters were able to down dozens of floggers without loss in the 1982 air war above Lebanon. The variable geometry wing configuration has 3 positions, allowing the Flogger to extend its wings for take-off and landing or sweep them close to the fuselage for high-speed flight.

I like the idea of the MiG 29.

I used to mess with them back in the Falcon 3.0 days.

Why not the F-16 too then?

They're both excellent aircraft, so's the Su 27, and the F-15 (my favorite).

I have to wonder if there would be enough room for them.

Think of the range that interceptors detect and engage each other in.

But I think planes like the Harrier, the F-18, or the A-6 Intruder would serve the game better than all the other ones, after all, the game takes place on islands.

But once the tools are released I'm sure there will be plenty of aircraft to fly. biggrin.gif

\_SD_/

If they were to add any new aircraft, I'd like to see an A-6 Intruder for the West and a MIG-23 Flogger-D (the attack varient of the flogger) for the East.

Also, how about a Havoc for the East? The West have too many choppers, but I'd still like to see a UH-1 and AH-6

KING KONG how can u possibly say a MiG-29 is a better fighter than the SU-27 the flanker has more thrust more advanced weapons and can carry more of those weapons plus the flanker is considered the best dogfighter in the world behind the Sea Harrier

OMG!

Well, MiG 29 is NOT better then Su-27, and you all can forget about having a fighter plane in OFP, the game engie does not give a good a job i supporting them, damn controles are too sencitive, why need a fighter after all? I like the idea of ground combat. For a attack plane I would put my vote on Su-34, its the most simular attack plane to the Flankers. =)

We need figter jets !!!

I just get pissed when i some guy catch up to me in hist choper wtf mad.gif and you try to do g turn and planes looses speed and crash mad.gif

Give me MORE POWER biggrin.gif